• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fun with ACARS Messages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got a funny one the other day from our dispatcher... while at FL310.

YOU ARE FLYING OVER MY
HOUSE IN 5 MINUTES. CAN
YOU CHECK AND MAKE SURE
MY DOG IS STILL IN THE BACK
YARD. 3RD HOUSE WEST OF
HOME DEPOT. BLUE ROOF.
DOG STILL THERE. ALL 4 OF YOUR HARLEYS STILL IN THE DRIVEWAY TOO.

here Is My Email Address And Password. Can You Check And See If The Divorce Has Been Finalized Yet?

Me - No Email About Divorce But Your Subscription To Playgirl Is About To Expire.

But we have satphones, which are 99% as good as acars.

99% as good? Can you send a release over satphone? I would put satphones as only as good as AIRINC. Our satphones were like tube radios, just one step above 2 cans and a string. All we were missing was a nice crank handle and asking for Sparky to give us HQ in Tokyo. And god forbid there was thick overcast while the crew was on the ground to get a signal through. But I guess while airborne its better than AIRINC.

Anyone use the new sat-link ACARS?

99% as good? Can you send a release over satphone? I would put satphones as only as good as AIRINC. Our satphones were like tube radios, just one step above 2 cans and a string. All we were missing was a nice crank handle and asking for Sparky to give us HQ in Tokyo. And god forbid there was thick overcast while the crew was on the ground to get a signal through. But I guess while airborne its better than AIRINC.

Anyone use the new sat-link ACARS?

Yes, we can...
our satphones are hardwired into the aircraft. It is also attached to a laptop with a printer that can be used inflight. That is how we usually send the crews their paperwork.

it usually works pretty good, but -ahem- some parts of the world it is sometimes spotty cause certain bad people are using satphones, which makes the good guys try to block them.

Let's see...

One guy ACARSed me to ask if ACARS was working... (He couldn't get an arrival ATIS) It was all I could do to keep from sending him back "NO..IT.S NOT...."

Another time, MDW was below, I'm diverting flights as fast as I can type, and just NE of CLE I send a message diverting this BUF-MDW flight back to BUF.

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT US TO GO BACK TO BUF?

YES.

DO YOU WANT US TO TO GO BACK TO BUF?

YES, PROCEED TO BUF AT THIS TIME.

TICK TOCK... Now NW of CLE:

DO YOU WANT US TO GO BACK TO BUF?

Exasperated, I sent him back:

YES, *SIMON SAYS* PROCEED TO BUF RIGHT *NOW*

Strangely enough, I didn't hear another peep out of him, and watched him on ASD as he did a 180 headed east... ;)

IF YOU DO NOT SURRENDER ALL YOUR
BISCOFF COOKIES AT ONCE I WILL BE
FORCED TO EXPLODE YOUR AIRPLANE.
GOOD DAY SIR... I SAID GOOD DAY.

Just kidding. That would be a dumb thing to send over ACARS; it was on ATL Radio.

I got an LTD "delay code" one day. I scoured through the delay codes trying to find out what it meant and found nothing. So, as I'm about to send him a message asking what LTD stood for, he sends me this....Lady Taking Dump. He was serious too. When I check what the station coded it to, it said "PAX USING LAV".....

Latest resources

Back