Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
here is a new one. I had to call in on my trip today because as I walked out of my apartment to day I noticed MY CAR WAS GONE!! Its not enough we get our nutz stepped on all day at work. As I called crew scheduling the lead demanded a confrence call with the company CP (who is awesome) the CP told the tracker to back off and then offered any help he could.

I guess the big wiggs upstairs didn't like the pilots having new cars and decided to set an example. I am gonna get Da Man some day@!

You can conference call at your company? Here they just demand that you call a chief pilot and get a doctors note. Neither of which they have the authority to tell you to do.

That's why you don't do it! Just say ok and hangup......if they want you to talk to a chief they will have him call you. Oh and by the way, you don't have to answer your phone!

Yeah, schedulers can take thier job Waaaaaaaaaaay tooooo seriously some times. It must be a hold over to the fact that bizarre things can and do occaisionally happen to pilots.

Now, where did my homework go....

Simple cause and effect. The louder they scream at you, the less likely they'll have to find somebody to cover your flying. It's really just the course of laziness. They're are enough saps out there that will knuckle under to scheduling that it's worth their effort to hassle you.

I had the exact same thing happen once.

Walked down to my parking spot to go to work, car was gone.

Called scheduling, explained the situation. After 3 or 4 attempts, it finally dawned on the scheduler I wasn't going to be there in an hour. "Call the Chief Pilot."

Call the CP and explained what was going on.

"Take a cab to the airport."

"But my Jepps were in the trunk."

"You can use mine for your trip."

"But I'm waiting for the cops to come take my report."

"Well call me when they're done."

"But my uniform hat was in the trunk too."

"WHAT?!?!?!?! OK, I'll have scheduling cover the trip for you."

"But my uniform hat was in the trunk too."

"WHAT?!?!?!?! OK, I'll have scheduling cover the trip for you."[/quote]

lol, we must work for the same airline! dam hats i still have my hair and its nice hair, i will wear a hat with pleasure when this job either gives me gray hair or it all just falls off.

Latest resources

Back