Full time Chicagoland CFI jobs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
frascaflyer said:
Thanks.... what's the skinny with 'em? Good place to work? Pay, amount of flying, etc... I'd like to keep busy if possible.

FF

i considered starting there...seems like one of the best FBOs (busiest too), decent pay and i believe medical coverage after a couple months of employment. however, you start out working the desk for a while (i heard anywhere from a few weeks to a few months) before you start getting students

MED said:
I remember all except Tom Brown, never had a pleasure knowing him. BTW, I'm a Lewis grad too.

I wonder if you were one of my CFI's What is your name? What year did you graduate lewis?

I instructed at A&M Aviation at Clow (1C5) for a year. It's a tough place to work (You'll see what I mean.), but I got almost 1000 hours in a year of instructing. Brand new equipment mostly, lots of opportunities for students (in a rich part of the city) and just a fun area to fly in and out of. Pay is probably best in the area (close to $20 an hour for primary). It's all contract work, so you set your own schedule.

Illininos Aviation Academy at DPA is a pretty good place to work. The owner, Bob, is a great guy and will help you out any way he can. I instructed there and learned to fly there 5 years ago or so when it was still a pretty small place and pretty new. Its now the biggest flight school on the field at DPA. Lots of good contacts there too. He has a deal with Skyway Airlines in MKE for some sort of preferential interviewing when they are hiring I think. 630-513-2224 is the number, Andrew is the chief pilot there now. I think the pay is average or better for the area and youll be able to fly 100 hrs a month is you want to. Hope this helps.

Avpro

I knew Joe Dourgty (sp?) and Tom Brown from Auster, I worked for Auster, Tom hired me, where are those guys?

-Goo

Latest resources

Back