Fuel vs. Bags

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whataburger

I'm thinking the we would have made money if not for the hedges. Is there any way Delta makes 3Q profits w/o charging for bags?

Business folks like delto. Nobody else does. Good for them if they can make money on business class and bags. Sounds closer to a cropduster operation that hauls cargo and a couple of dudes in nice suits. Who gives a damn if you treat everyone else like sh!t right!!! Screw those people you owe money to right!!! Delto does not need to pay people they owe money to right!!! Delto rocks!!! You're the best airline ever!!!

M

I'm thinking the we would have made money if not for the hedges. Is there any way Delta makes 3Q profits w/o charging for bags?

Business folks like delto. Nobody else does. Good for them if they can make money on business class and bags. Sounds closer to a cropduster operation that hauls cargo and a couple of dudes in nice suits. Who gives a damn if you treat everyone else like sh!t right!!! Screw those people you owe money to right!!! Delto does not need to pay people they owe money to right!!! Delto rocks!!! You're the best airline ever!!!

M
So I didn't see any families in coach on my last trip? Just did CDG-CVG without an empty seat and no non-revs.

What is this fetish some SWA guys have with Delta?

What is this fetish some SWA guys have with Delta?

You probably ought to read more of this forum if you think that--It's actually the other way around. 95% of every thread on the majors board gets turned into a bash SWA thread within the second page. I suppose it has a lot to do with us being on top of the pay scale right now, along with the acqusition of Airtran, etc. Whatever. Anyway, some of the most vociferous and constant anti-SWA posters on FI work (or at least claim to work) for Delta, and try to explain why Delta is better. That, of course, leads to SWA posters replying, and then everyone tries to one-up everyone else. Clear as mud now?

Anyway, if you work for Delta and are happy, then good for you. I work for SWA and I'm happy. Good for me. However, some other people are just never happy.

Bubba

PS "Fetish" certainly IS a good word for what Fubi (Alaska), OYS and/or Gen'l Lee (Delta), and to a lesser extent, Bill Lumberg (Delta, I think) have.

If someone is an underdog for years and than is no longer an underdog, I think it's human nature to want to tell everyone you are no longer an underdog?

It's human nature to be a horse's rear, but those who's trash isn't white as snow don't gloat when things are good.

M
I have no dog in this fight, but I do find it humorous that a few years back when SWA operations lost money, but the overall company made money because of the hedges, all the SWA guys and gals were saying "you have to count the hedges, it's part of the strategy." Now when the airline is in the black, but the hedges lost, all the SWA folks are trying to divest the operations from the hedging.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back