• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fuel Stop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any suggestions on a stop from Atlanta to Salt Lake in a King Air 200, I would like to stop beyond Wichita in order to make the first leg the most brutal and the next one not quite as bad.

Any suggestions on a stop from Atlanta to Salt Lake in a King Air 200, I would like to stop beyond Wichita in order to make the first leg the most brutal and the next one not quite as bad.

The above post would work for you as well. Anytime you are crossing western Kansas, LBL is a great stop.

The above post would work for you as well. Anytime you are crossing western Kansas, LBL is a great stop.

thats the first time i think i've heard liberal and great in the same sentence!

I did two quick turns at Flower in Salina recently, I was impressed. I think it helps if you call 10 minutes out and let them know your looking for a quick turn.

We use contract fuel, so the price was good. They had the GPU hooked up before I turned the batteries off, just took on ground power and left the plane powered up. Fuel truck was hooked up and the fueler was standing at the door when I come off the plane, waiting for the fuel order. Catering was delivered to the plane about the time my last pax walked off, they have great box lunches. By the time I did a quick sweep of the cabin, put the catering on, and helped my co-captain get the cockpit ready to go, the fuel was done and I walked inside to find the bill waiting for me at the desk, ready to go. I had to stall the pax so I would have time to visit the head and look at the weather computer.

Happened that way on the way home too, they earned our business next time!

I prefer AvTrip points so as not to receive odd looks while carrying a box of steaks or other goodies in front of the owner and/or the pax. It's money in the bank with the savings bonds and they don't ask about us spending more of their money so we could get steaks or other little things.

I wanted to thank everyone that posted. We stopped for gas at the Flower FBO in KPUB. Great service, friendly and a 20 minute turn, our BE-400a is slow to top off. Ended up getting 12 beautiful steaks out of the deal too(three for every hundred gallons purchased), so I guess it's BBQ time!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back