• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fuel prices up and Delta Saabs stay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long term are those 200's that comprise 90% of your fleet? With fuel the way it's going I would say that Saabs are longer term jobs than the jets Delta has said over and over again they want to get rid of.
LOL. The Saabs were slated to be parked in 2011 completely. Now they've been reprieved for the short term. And you interpret that as "they're here forever! High fives!"

You guys are too much. If I was to play musical chairs in 2016 and had the option of being in a CR2 or SF3 when the music stopped... I'd definitely take the RJ.

LOL. The Saabs were slated to be parked in 2011 completely. Now they've been reprieved for the short term. And you interpret that as "they're here forever! High fives!"

You guys are too much. If I was to play musical chairs in 2016 and had the option of being in a CR2 or SF3 when the music stopped... I'd definitely take the RJ.

Short term? Are gas prices going down any time soon? Honest to god, June 30th if you would have asked, I would have said I would rather be at Mesaba as opposed to Compass (massive flowdown possiblity) or Pinnacle (90% CR2 that Delta is trying to get out of). Now, I can tell you I certainly would have rather been at Compass. I am still up in the air about Pinnacle seeing the attitude coming out of that place. I can only imagine what the flight deck is like. Unfortunately I won't be imagining too much longer.

How long term are those 200's that comprise 90% of your fleet? With fuel the way it's going I would say that Saabs are longer term jobs than the jets Delta has said over and over again they want to get rid of. Oh, and I expected to be on a 900 a long time before someone on your list at the same seniority because we have 3 times as many. Shouldn't that be taken into account with expectations?

So you think its a better bet to stick with an airplane that has an actual retirement plan in place and will be out of service by 2012 than an airplane that is protected under a service agreement until 2017? Wow!

So you think its a better bet to stick with an airplane that has an actual retirement plan in place and will be out of service by 2012 than an airplane that is protected under a service agreement until 2017? Wow!

It seems as though the retirement plan ISN'T in place at this point. Who knows? Either way, I guess it's just an argument about who's planes are going to get parked first. Kinda dumb. Delta wants to get rid of both of them. Cya May 1st!! Can't wait!!

Hahaha, DoinTime, don't bother. "You can't fix stupid." -Ron White

Nice, you guys are freaking amazing. All you want to talk about is how to screw people and how you can justify it. The fact is no one knows. If fuel prices don't go back down, Delta could easily go to Pinnacle and offer 1 for 2 deal simular to what they did to ASA, or they could find a better replacement for the Saab. I find it hard to believe they will get rid of the turbo props all together. At any rate what do you think Pinnacle should do, wait for the contract to expire in 2017, or try to diversify the company in preparation for that date? Because it's a good bet the 200 contract won't be renewed.

It seems as though the retirement plan ISN'T in place at this point.

Why does it seem that way? Because you read a rumor on FlightInfo? According to SEC filings, there are six DAL Saabs coming out of service in the first quarter of 2011 alone.

My flight attendants always tell me, " you wouldn't believe how many Dbags I fly with..."

I always say, "there can't be that many in this profession, you must be exaggerating"....

But you girls just keep proving me wrong

Latest resources

Back