• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get that L1011 time at EAL 2?

Sorry, but if you LOSE (not "loose") your job when VX tanks, I suppose that's YOUR problem. YOU chose to go with a marginal player in order to get a quick upgrade and/or an A320 type rating. Sounds like you've made the same mistake 7 times. So, who's the LOSER (not "looser")?

Sometimes when you roll the dice, you LOSE (not "loose").

I bet you were at Skybus, too. Just a WAG.

Dude...you're a Choad Smoker!!!

... You see that is why I am a better person than you. I don't hope that Alaska goes out of business....

Explaining to someone why you are a "better person" than they are is kind of ironic. Just sayin'.

Well, it ain't looking good......

What is the consequence of a privately held company reporting a profit? More taxes. Which is why you will see VX reporting a loss until the IPO nears, which will not be until the economy is on more solid ground.

So, how does a business who can't make a profit get investors for an IPO?

So, how does a business who can't make a profit get investors for an IPO?

Well since your comprehension skills are limited I will try and state it simply - The company will not have losses in the few quarters leading up to the IPO, which is why I stated the company will not report a profit "until the IPO NEARS". The IPO will not occur until the economy is on more solid ground and investors are active again. Until that time, whenever it may be, reported profits mean nothing more than paying more taxes. There are so many way accountants can report a loss.

You also need to remember that paying back money loaned by an investor or creditor can have a two pronged effect - it causes the company to report a loss (lower tax liability), but keeps the investor happy - which is why your repeated argument that the investors will cut bait and run has limited merit. By all reports the investors and creditors are recouping their investment in Virgin America, hence the consistent funding for projects like new airplanes, expanded office space, new training facilities, not to mention a cash position that has remained steady for close to two years now.

Sorry to be a dose of reality while you gleefully hope many ALPA brothers lose yet another job, but Virgin is not going anywhere soon.

Well since your comprehension skills are limited I will try and state it simply - The company will not have losses in the few quarters leading up to the IPO, which is why I stated the company will not report a profit "until the IPO NEARS". The IPO will not occur until the economy is on more solid ground and investors are active again. Until that time, whenever it may be, reported profits mean nothing more than paying more taxes. There are so many way accountants can report a loss.

You also need to remember that paying back money loaned by an investor or creditor can have a two pronged effect - it causes the company to report a loss (lower tax liability), but keeps the investor happy - which is why your repeated argument that the investors will cut bait and run has limited merit. By all reports the investors and creditors are recouping their investment in Virgin America, hence the consistent funding for projects like new airplanes, expanded office space, new training facilities, not to mention a cash position that has remained steady for close to two years now.

Sorry to be a dose of reality while you gleefully hope many ALPA brothers lose yet another job, but Virgin is not going anywhere soon.

Sorry man. You are delusional.

If you think that VA management is purposely doing things to make your numbers look THAT bad, then you seriously are drinking the red kool-aid. It doesn't matter if I like VA or I don't, their numbers are BAD. Period.

For the year ending DEC 31, 2010, your airline had a NET loss of 68.7M on 724M of revenue. It had 30M in unrestricted cash and 66M of liquidity.

For the quarter ending March 31, 2011, your airline had a NET loss of 44.6M on 201M of revenue. It had 25M in unrestricted cash and 54M of liquidity.

For the quarter ending June 30, 2011, a quarter where just about every airline made a nice profit, your airline had a net loss of 21.7M on 268.5M of revenue. It had 26M in unrestricted cash and 53M of liquidity. I think cash they collected for future summer bookings not yet flown probably boosted their unrestricted cash numbers, but admittedly that is just a guess. We'll know more over the next two quarters.

Another interesting thing to note is that they keep getting deeper and deeper into debt. If you look at their other income(expense) line, that number keeps getting bigger and bigger. That number is normally associated with interest expense. That also might explain why their cash balance isn't going down. Maybe some investors are throwing them some short term cash unsecured by company assets?

When the airline leads with "Airline Reports 46 Percent Increase in Operating Revenues" yet forgets that other little part....."but our operating expenses went up 48.5% over the same reporting period" you gotta admit they're just grasping at straws looking for something- anything positive to say.

On the plus side, hopefully the majors will start hiring soon and you guys can bail before they start breaking out the bongs with the kool-aid.

Then you won't have to worry about us and I can take my recall at UAL with the longevity pay that you will make sure we get. UAL still lost more money from 2003-2009 than we have yet so we have some time..with a better product and a rebel billionaire. You know what UAL guys are making so get off our back. As I know you are the one who is pounding that retro is a must but longevity pay is negotiable. Sad from the days both my parents walked the line to make UAL better for you

Sorry man. You are delusional.

If you think that VA management is purposely doing things to make your numbers look THAT bad, then you seriously are drinking the red kool-aid. It doesn't matter if I like VA or I don't, their numbers are BAD. Period.

For the year ending DEC 31, 2010, your airline had a NET loss of 68.7M on 724M of revenue. It had 30M in unrestricted cash and 66M of liquidity.

For the quarter ending March 31, 2011, your airline had a NET loss of 44.6M on 201M of revenue. It had 25M in unrestricted cash and 54M of liquidity.

For the quarter ending June 30, 2011, a quarter where just about every airline made a nice profit, your airline had a net loss of 21.7M on 268.5M of revenue. It had 26M in unrestricted cash and 53M of liquidity. I think cash they collected for future summer bookings not yet flown probably boosted their unrestricted cash numbers, but admittedly that is just a guess. We'll know more over the next two quarters.

Another interesting thing to note is that they keep getting deeper and deeper into debt. If you look at their other income(expense) line, that number keeps getting bigger and bigger. That number is normally associated with interest expense. That also might explain why their cash balance isn't going down. Maybe some investors are throwing them some short term cash unsecured by company assets?

When the airline leads with "Airline Reports 46 Percent Increase in Operating Revenues" yet forgets that other little part....."but our operating expenses went up 48.5% over the same reporting period" you gotta admit they're just grasping at straws looking for something- anything positive to say.

On the plus side, hopefully the majors will start hiring soon and you guys can bail before they start breaking out the bongs with the kool-aid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back