• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

weasel_lips

Fuel prices drag down Virgin America’s financials

Date: Friday, September 16, 2011, 4:12pm PDT
Related:

Virgin America is battling higher fuel costs

Battling high fuel prices, Virgin America Inc. said its second quarter net loss grew to $21.7 million.
The Burlingame-based carrier said its loss grew almost 40 percent from $15.5 million during the year-ago quarter.
Second quarter sales grew almost 46 percent to $268.5 million. Also its average fare rose to $192.79, up 11 percent.
Fuel prices continue to bedevil the company. “Fuel costs continue to weigh on our financial performance even as we achieve and exceed our revenue targets,” said Virgin America CEO David Cush.
Fuel costs rose 62 percent during the quarter.
The company continues its growth trajectory. In the past year the carrier has added flights to Dallas, Chicago, Los Cabos and Cancun, Mexico. The company’s major hubs are San Francisco and Los Angeles.
The company plans to add planes to its fleet. Virgin America has 38 Airbus A-320s and expects to end the year with 46.

We won't show a profit until they are getting ready to set up the IPO. No surprise here....:cool:

More losses. Hopefully, VX will be just another corpse on the trash heap of aviation failures.

More losses. Hopefully, VX will be just another corpse on the trash heap of aviation failures.

You really are an @ss. I don't hope for anyone to loose their job. VA is my seventh airline and hopefully my last. Only a souless, little, angry man would hope for someone to loose their job. Thank god I don't have to share a cockpit with you. I feel sorry for your Alaska co-workers. What a tool.

You really are an @ss. I don't hope for anyone to loose their job. VA is my seventh airline and hopefully my last. Only a souless, little, angry man would hope for someone to loose their job. Thank god I don't have to share a cockpit with you. I feel sorry for your Alaska co-workers. What a tool.

@ss,is to nice of a word.How about "COWARD",he hides behind a computer.

The problem with VX is it's route structure. Many of its flights are transcons, which typically lose money when fuel prices are high.

Sorry, but if you LOSE (not "loose") your job when VX tanks, I suppose that's YOUR problem. YOU chose to go with a marginal player in order to get a quick upgrade and/or an A320 type rating. Sounds like you've made the same mistake 7 times. So, who's the LOSER (not "looser")?

Sometimes when you roll the dice, you LOSE (not "loose").

I bet you were at Skybus, too. Just a WAG.

Last edited:
Sorry, but if you LOSE (not "loose") your job when VX tanks, I suppose that's YOUR problem. YOU chose to go with a marginal player in order to get a quick upgrade and/or an A320 type rating. Sounds like you've made the same mistake 7 times. So, who's the LOSER (not "looser")?

Sometimes when you roll the dice, you LOSE (not "loose").

I bet you were at Skybus, too. Just a WAG.

Pretty much what I expected from such a petty, angry, little tool. As for my former employers there were 4 ALPA carriers and 2 IBT carriers. You can probably figure out from my A/C types flown and ratings who some of them were. Including a couple of Majors that are no longer with us.While I'll bet you on the other hand have flown a regional jet and a 737 and are typed in only one of those. Just a WAG. Oh and Skybus was not one of them. You see that is why I am a better person than you. I don't hope that Alaska goes out of business. That would mean several hundred good dudes and one tool would lose (or is it loose) and I don't even wish that on the tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back