Fuel contamination in Vegas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently affecting all airlines

- lots of cancellations, each flight required to carry as much fuel in as possible, and any flight that can't carry enough in is in a planned fuel stop op outbound. Working around it as much as possible, but just another feather in a weird winter (now almost spring)

I know there are several accidents due to fuel contamination, and I know fuel sources are issues in charters and offline diverts- but really- I'm a line pilot- fuel is pretty squared away. A hub like Vegas though? With almost every airline having a presence there? Ive never seen this in my career- how common is this on the international side? And what usually is the contamination?

Last time this has been a pressing issue for me I was sumping piper tanks, concerned mostly about water

Educate a man if you have the tale to

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...e-suspect-in-cathay-a330-throttle-jam-346045/

Tankering seems to be working inbound. Outbound can be challenging as the fuel farm is shutting down the tanks every night to cycle them out and the one tank with usuable fuel is dependant on tanker trucks to get to the gates. Apparently there are very few tanker trucks on field so delays on those red eyes and 0600 hour departures are prone to delay.

Has it been confirmed, is it just SWA or the whole airport?

there's actually a notam out about it. Think it ends on the 24th.

!las 03/036 las ad low fuel inventory, fuel tankering for aircraft operators arriving las is advised 1403201600-1403242200est

Latest resources

Back