• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FTC Private Air Terminal Morristown...BEWARE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Havent been to MMU in a while, but is this the place where you have to taxi on very narrow taxi-ways to get to??

http://www.ftcprivateterminal.com/category/ftc-private-terminal/
Archive for the 'FTC Private Terminal' Category

Current Info 11/11/08

Nov 11th 2008FTCFTC Private Terminal
Arriving aircraft are requested to provide a two hour notification for guaranteed services.
The MMUFTC can be reached at 973-401-0106.
The MMUFTC frequency is 130.95.
Remember that the MMUFTC ramp provides direct vehicle access to your aircraft.
Becoming a member requires no fees or commitments.
Simply fill out a membership agreement that is pilot-executable and non-binding.
New members welcome!

ftc

I've been in and out of FTC quite a bit. If you play their game they can be a lower cost alternative to Signature.

HOWEVER, they are not well equipped to deal with your problems like Signature is; staffing, access to and on ramp, etc. Sometimes you're lucky to get a copy of your bill after an hour of your fueling when they are busy.

When operations calls to "reserve" the right to go on their ramp they wash their hands of what we have to deal with there. One of these days something will happen and we'll be going to Signature again.

If you are aware of this and go in there you asked for it. They aren't a typical FBO.

timskeeper

I have submitted a review to airnav. It takes 48hrs to approve the review.

Many of what all of you said is true...FTC is not equipped to deal with anything out of the ordinary and when their system breaks down they lack any level of professionalism to correct or deal with the issue. That's my real problem here. Your going to run into problems, thats a fact of life, but its how the organization corrects the problem that really counts.

FTC's fees may be stated on their website, but that doesn't trump the fact that I spoke to an individual at the organization, setup our arrival and additional fees were added after the fact. That's deceptive business at best.

As for talking with Alex's boss...he doesn't seem to have one. He does have some sort of business arrangement with the group that collects the ramp and facility fees. I plan on talking with that group and will pass on the results of that conversation.

We are tasked to provide a seemless, safe and secure method of transportation for our passengers and principals. When that spills over from the flight department to the company or organization in the manner it did here, not only does it effect the trip, but it reflects poorly on me. Thankfully the company understands that Alex's attitude and lack of professionalism is out of my control...but it's a warning to all of you...avoid FTC and fly another day without issue, looking like a magician that just navigated a multi-million dollar airplane from Point A to Point B, all while the passengers enjoyed the view and convience of the travel we provide.

Havent been to MMU in a while, but is this the place where you have to taxi on very narrow taxi-ways to get to??

Yes, that's the place. We were there on Tuesday thru Thursday. We waited over 2 hours for our rental car to show up. It never did so we took a ride to the Hotel. Although, contrary to the first post, we had the manager take us there. We told him to tell the rental car company to just take the car to the hotel where we would be. They called us another 2 hours later and said we are outside the hotel with your car. We told them to ******************** off. All this wouldn't have happened if they had the car already there for us like it was supposed to.

I guess the lesson is all those smiling helpful people in nice uniforms cost money and there are times when the cheapest is not the best. I think I have been there once and everything was fine but with just the two guys if anything goes wrong or they are busy you could run into snags. Which makes *you* look bad.

At a previous job we used to go to Fletcher at Hobby. One day I had to get a rental car for the boss, so I arranged with the FBO for a Hertz Gold drop off. I was repeatedly assured it would be there. It was not. I will skip over the next 15 minutes- they were not pretty- but the bottom line is Hertz doesn't drop off cars at FBOs at Hobby, or they say they will but they won't. I could blame that on Hertz, but the FBO should know that. I think the girl working was a part time college student and a nice kid but not experienced with the little details of the FBO business.

I've used FTC for three of the last five years (with an unfortunate two years using Signature in between as my 91 DO thought Signature was the be-all and end-all of the universe no matter how badly they ripped us off on fuel). Never had a single problem and they save us a *TON* on gas.

They also have an awesome pilot lounge inside.

That being said, since Dimitri left it hasn't been the same. He would bend over backwards to take care of the client. I haven't sensed that same urgency since his departure.

For my money it still beats Signature KMMU hands down.

Sorry for the OP's bad experience. Just goes to show the importance of customer service. Anger one client and you'll lose ten times that many at least.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Alex owns the place pretty much so he's gonna tell you to f off if he feels like it. They get plenty of avantair business there.
He's also a mechanic so you might want to think twice about really pissing him off, most mechanics know how to put a lean on the plane and chain it asap.

Tell Jen at Signature that you're thinking of using her FBO instead of there and she'll try to get the prices down as much as she can just to compete.

One thing that works against FTC now...

I spoke to a Signature FBO Manager in Florida (won't say where) and she said HQ finally gave them some lattitude to negotiate fuel prices individually vs. a blanket edict from on high. I guess enough people boycotted 'em for long enough to get their attention. The flexibility didn't seem to be much, but it is more than they had before...

Just more grist for the mill.

For a while now Signature has been very competitive on fuel.

Latest resources

Back