Ft/dt regs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nevergreen

So what is the latest with the FT/DT Regs for the Supps, and all the 121's?

Are the regs going into effect this summer? I thought Congress mandated an Aug 1 date.

1 aug is the startdate for the new Flight/Duty/Rest rules, and all -121 will have the same rules.

The FAA said -135 changes to mirror -121 changes soon.

cliff
SYD

They are not going into effect this summer, they will not go into effect until the summer of 2013. They will issue the rules and companies will have 24 months in which to comply. Much like mandatory CRM training for all 121 airlines back in 1996, everyone was given until March 24, 1998 to have an FA apprroved program.

I thought the two more years was only for the ATP -121 requirement???

cliff
SYD

I thought the two more years was only for the ATP -121 requirement???

cliff
SYD

The FAA is only due to issue the rule by August 1 and were getting real close so we'll see if they kick the can down the road a little further.

As Pilotyip mentioned, there will be some period of time in which to comply. 2 years seems to be the consensus though I haven't seen it anywhere.

Big change takes time

two year to comply or just get the law morphed into something cheaper down the line
The projected staffing requirements, even at this time unknown, will make instand complience nearly impossible. I am also sure the unions would to have a say in how this is carried out.

1. The new rules will be issued.

2. The new rules will have a phase-in time.

3. The new rules will include some language to the effect of, "If an operator provides its own rest/duty time scheme acceptable to the FAA, that rest/duty time scheme may be used in lieu of this section."

4. Different companies will write large checks to the FAA to ensure their schemes are "acceptable to the FAA."

5. Rest/duty rules will change little from what you are seeing right now.

Just a guess, and like Yip says, my guess is just as valid as yours.

We have the most pathetic goverment that money can buy. They changed the age 60 over night without any studys but lets give the airlines 18-24 months to implement thier lame watered down changes. Make sure you don't get fatigued for atleast another 18-24 months, What a joke.:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Latest resources

Back