• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FSSs Outsourced as well? Thanks GW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"In case you have forgotten, the president does not just wave a majic wand and make things happen. The Congress and Senate approve it as well."

400A,

Did you mean "majic" or "magic"? Was phonics class too much for you in the 2nd grade?

Don't be bitter because you are stuck in a Beechjet, oh, I'm sorry, I mean Hawker 400XP. That's what it is called now isn't it, a 400XP? Isn't the Senate a part of Congress or do you just know know any better?

Congress:
The national legislative body of the United States, consisting of the Senate and the House of Representatives

So, The House of Represenatives and the Senate are the ones that approved FSSs becoming privatized and not the appointees in the FAA? Just say that out lond once and listen to just how ignorant it sounds. Does someone actually pay you to work for them? Idiot

I see you are quite the smart one. Before you have the nerve to speak to me again, make sure you have your facts straight, Wiseone.

MY Bad

O.K I will give you that on the civics and spelling lesson. I was so taken back by your ability to blame everything in the world on GW that you appeared to not know how the government works. In my haste to help you out of our misery, I phrased it wrong. Now that I know you are an expert and can quote the constitution, I am even more confused. I am sure you have never made a typo!

I am sure that makes up for the fact that you are stuck in the right seat of a Hawker, and are not allowed to fly with people on board.

I infact do not judge my worth by the size of my aircraft. It serves our mission perfectly, and most importantly, I like flying it. It also does not take me far from home, nor on many overnighters, so I am home more often to do my real job... Be a father to my children, not cart around the country in the biggest aircraft I can find just to try to make up for my lack of self worth by whinning and making everyone else miserable.

By the way, ours is a 2000 model 400A, marketing names mean nothing to me. Look on the data plate on the next 400XP you see and it is still the same. The type rating is still BE-40,,,, not HS-anything..... but I am sure you knew that too.

I always crack up at how everyone has to take shots at what someone flys when they disagree. Take another Midol, the first one is not working yet.

Last edited:
I accept your apology

What I got out of what you wrote.

400A said:
O.K I will give you that on the civics and spelling lesson. I was so taken back by your ability to blame everything in the world on GW that you appeared to not know how the government works. In my haste to help you out of our misery, I phrased it wrong. Now that I know you are an expert and can quote the constitution, I am even more confused. I am sure you have never made a typo!

I have made typos, but you did not. That was more than a typo. If you didn't know you didn't know, and it's OK to say that you didn't know.

I am sure that makes up for the fact that you are stuck in the right seat of a Hawker, and are not allowed to fly with people on board.

Hardly stuck. The above statement tells me a lot about you and your character. I'm sure your employees are miserable, and don't write back telling me how happy they are, as you and I both know that is just not true. You are ego-driven and insecure. I see you are the CP where ever it is that you work. What you wrote tells me that you do not allow your F/Os fly live legs. That is too bad. Your ego allows you to rationalize that you are the only one worthy of flying with pax on board, and your insecurity shows that you are scared your boss will see that others are more than capable of flying just as well as you are, and God forbid you let them touch the controls. Luckily for me, I work for some great people; No stick hogs, no egos, no insecurity, and no poor attitudes. I see that you bring all of those elements to the table, and that is a short-coming on your behalf. At my place of employment, F/Os swap every other leg. It's just that simple. Going into a 5K foot strip at 3am down to mins with a contaminated runway, the captain might grab that leg, as he certainly has every right to do so; at the end of the day it's his ticket on the line, so no hard feelings.

I infact do not judge my worth by the size of my aircraft. It serves our mission perfectly, and most importantly, I like flying it. It also does not take me far from home, nor on many overnighters, so I am home more often to do my real job... Be a father to my children, not cart around the country in the biggest aircraft I can find just to try to make up for my lack of self worth by whinning and making everyone else miserable.

That tells me you are a loser and nobody will hire you because of your personality, lack of skill, and judgement. Come on, tell us all what happened? What is it in your background that keeps you from moving on in your career? I won't judge you, I promise. Oh wait, don't tell me, you also never had any desire to fly for the airlines, right?

By the way, ours is a 2000 model 400A, marketing names mean nothing to me. Look on the data plate on the next 400XP you see and it is still the same. The type rating is still BE-40,,,, not HS-anything..... but I am sure you knew that too.

I can tell; Right along with self worth, dignity, and honor.

I always crack up at how everyone has to take shots at what someone flys when they disagree. Take another Midol, the first one is not working yet.

You fired the 1st Salvo here, not me, or did you forget that as well. No wait, it was a typo, right Beechjet Driver? Go back and look at your 1st post to me on this subject. Capt's going home with headaches, Midol, running for President because I have all the answers. Now, tell me again who took the 1st crack at who. You and I are having friendly banter back and forth, so don't go home and kick the dog. We are just going back and forth with one another, so calm down and enjoy your Midol.

Ok HawkerF/O, we get that you don't like GW. That's fine. But do you have to make every little thing that happens a political issue that is soley his fault?
I feel for the FSS guys too, but it's an old system that needs to be streamlined. If we don't notice a drop in service after all is said and done, then this was a good move to save some $$.

Flying Illini said:
Ok HawkerF/O, we get that you don't like GW. That's fine. But do you have to make every little thing that happens a political issue that is soley his fault?
I feel for the FSS guys too, but it's an old system that needs to be streamlined. If we don't notice a drop in service after all is said and done, then this was a good move to save some $$.

Go tell that to the guys over in the Majors forum and watch them eat your lucnh. Let them know when the service they provide as pilots becomes inefficient and some beauracrat over that Airline X thinks things need to be streamlined to save a few bucks, that it's a good move to bring in help from the outside by outsourcnig thier jobs. Go on over there and share those thoughts. Did you even read my post? I do like GW, but his policies are do nothing for the middle class and the little guy, and that is disgusting.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050205/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_budget

It is too bad you have such a poor attitude. The reason no one has redressed your "blue collar" speech is that you clearly are blue collar. Blue collar is an attitude in your case. Are you so perspectively challanged to not know that the difference. You are probably one of those auto mechanic/ not so educated types that sliped through the cracks and joined our ranks. Be happy for what you have. And take some days off for an attitude adjustment.

The Dude

cvoav8r said:
It is too bad you have such a poor attitude. The reason no one has redressed your "blue collar" speech is that you clearly are blue collar. Blue collar is an attitude in your case. Are you so perspectively challanged to not know that the difference. You are probably one of those auto mechanic/ not so educated types that sliped through the cracks and joined our ranks. Be happy for what you have. And take some days off for an attitude adjustment.

The Dude

I found it funny you called me 'not so educated'.

1) You mispelled challenged

2) "Are you so perspectively challanged to not know that the difference." That whole sentence is not coherent, not to mention the spelling mistake and because you were trying to ask me a question, the sentence should have the proper puncutation on the end of it, and that would be a question mark.

3) There are 2 p's in sliPPed, not one.

I'll take those days off just as soon as you learn how to spell and use grammar correctly.

pay attention

let me answer a few of your ego driven questions.

First of all, my shortest time employee has been with me 5 years. they must not be to miserable. You on the other hand have never had a job for 5 years. We also hang out at each others homes together.

Second, not only do all of my pilots fly every other leg, they do it in the left seat, to and include when the President of the company is onboard. I dont hire losers like you who not only cant fly, and sit and cry all the time. You said it yourself. The Captain takes the aircraft away from you if it is not CAVU.

As far as the majors, would have liked to when I knew which ones were going to survive, and that I thought I might make more money than I do. With all the paycuts and financial problems, I am not interested right now.

Abilities, Dude, you have never flown with me, but Instructor, checkairman, and dedicated PIC for a Senator says otherwise. I dont normaly mention this, but you said I cant fly.

Advancement,,,, some of us dont need to job hop to make more money. Some of us work for companies who compenaste their employees for performance and loyalties. You on the other hand are one of those guys who change jobs all the time leaving the current employer standing there with a $20,000 training bill and an empty seat on the flight deck. But of course you have to do this because nobody wants to fly with your sissy crying self.

Grow up,,, you voted for a loser,,,, just like you!!!!!

*sigh*

HawkerF/O, this discussion doesn't have anything to do with the "Majors" board. The FSS system is a great service but that service but it is antiquated and could use some streamlining. Waiting on hold for 20 minutes just doesn't cut it. Having radio calls answered would be nice, there are times when calls go unanswered. If Lockheed is able to fix up this system, more power to them. Let them do it. The current employees will have "right of first refusal" which is a good thing. Yes, there will be some lost jobs but that is what happens sometimes. I guess lockheed could keep everybody employed but then their projected savings would probably become a deficit not a savings and if that happens, then we would start to see user fees.
Personally, I'm excited about the prospects of a more reliable FSS system. With the preponderance of computer based wx and the ability to file online, the FSS staffers don't seem to be utilized as much as before, but it is still nice to be able to talk to someone when you need to...and right now, you can't always do that (reliably).

p.s. I'm sure I had some misspellings, sorry in advance.

Latest resources

Back