• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FSI Type Rating Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of the above information is correct from my experience with FSI (and Simuflite for that matter). Unlike with the airlines, you will not have to worry about getting an A-hole as a sim instructor. You are a client and they know that. Keeping this in mind, there is no reason to employ a person in this capacity who has no patience and/or is just a generally dislikable person.

I assume you are going to DFW for the training? The falcon sim is first generation glass with only the airspeed on the ADI. Make sure you know the Hydraulic system. You will find that you will be holding checklist within checklist for some procedures. The sim and plane fly great, the Falcon 20 is by far the best flying aircraft I have flown. Dassualt makes a pilots plane...and check out the videos of it landing and taking off on a carrier.

What is the difference between an airline ride and a corporate ride? Aren't the manuvers and such the same?

Last edited:
What is the difference between an airline ride and a corporate ride? Aren't the manuvers and such the same?

Is this difficult?

apples and oranges?

At FSI your company pays up to 50K+ for you to come out rated and comfortable in the plane, if you need a few extra sims/training etc...they just bill you and smile. "whatever it takes" They are a money making business providing a service. They want you to come back.

Is it like this at an airline training program?

same thing, right?

Fsi

Flight Safety International is a professional, straight forward training center, they want to see you succeed, they will train you, and they know if you are strong or weak. It is their job to train you in the aircraft, as it is your responsibility to go there, study, train hard, and make yourself absorb the information you need.No trick questions, no more multi failures, at least during the initial training, when you go back for recurrent, and the instructor knows you, he might see what your made of so to speak, but still within reason. Most of the instructors are fairly experienced pilots who have been there and done that so to speak, and really want to see you progress. If your having a problem ,they will go out of their way to offer further training and a pretty straight forward description of what you need to finish.

You will do fine. Cheers;)

If you go into the ride knowing your limitations, immediate action items, systems and fly the profiles there is no reason why you cannot pass a type ride at FSI. They want you to pass.

Airlines don't care if you pass or fail.

You only have to fly one hand-flown approach and do some steep turns and 3 stalls, so you really only need to be able to take off and fly to 1000 feet and turn the autopilot on, then fly down to 200 feet and turn it off to land. You don't even have to really know how to hand fly.

I am not making this up. I have seen it.

Last edited:
Ive taken 3 type rides in the past two years there. Know your ******************** and you'll be fine. If you need some extra time you may take a few extra rides but they want you to pass. I think they are very good and a better learning enviornment than the airlines. Ive been through both. You'll be fine.

Great info again everyone! Ive gone through 2 airline SIC rides, one with an oral. I tend to study too much and usually stress myself out throughout training, then after the ride say "that wasnt that bad". This will be for the Falcon 20 out of DFW. Anyone have any info on that bird? I have some pdf files on the CJ, Citation VII, and XL if anyone wants to trade. Thanks again!

Latest resources

Back