FSI-Tucson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dinger said:
Down in Tucson for a good part of the month. Does anyone have any recommendations for good food or something to do on my ONE day off during initial?

If anyone finds themselves down here between now and the 21st, PM me and we'll grab an adult beverage.

Do your class mates hate you already? Heck they do not even know you yet!;)

You should probably spend your spare time in the library. Should spend all of your extra time studying. Try to figure out how you can fly that airplane with a complete loss of hydraulic fluid. :D

Have fun! :beer:

PS for once I agree with Pilotyip. The museum is very worth while.

You can always drive up to Marana and watch the black chute's come out of the back of the black Shorts...and catch lunch at the Cracker Barrel!

Eric

The Titan Missile museum!

I took the tour a few years ago. Really unique. I was in the air arm of the same command, it was very interesting to see how the missile boys worked and lived.

I believe there is a combo ticket with the Pima Air museum.

That's where you catch the boneyard tour. That is fascinating as well.

Lostdog65 said:
You can always drive up to Marana and watch the black chute's come out of the back of the black Shorts...and catch lunch at the Cracker Barrel!

Eric

That Cracker Barrel is the place!!! I saw an old lady trip there once.

Try the Frog & Firkin, near U of A, good food, good beer, great scenery!!!!!

All the above suggestions are good. Tombstone and Bisbee are good. Bisbee is sort of cool, you drive through a tunnel and on the other side is an 1880's AZ town. Although the only thing to see there, other than the town, is an old silver mine.

some_dude said:
Karcher Caverns is worth checking out on your day off, if you don't mind taking a drive (it's about an hour and a half southeast).

Oops, my bad, I thought you were talking Collosal Cave here. Take I-10 to Wentworth/Collosal Cave road and go North through Vail. This is about thirty minutes from FSI. Karchner Caverns is I-10 to !-90 and then south about 7 or 8 miles.

When I get home there, I usually end up eating once at Tucson McGraws on Houghton, though it isn't really a flashy place and the scenic views are more of the landscape variety. The food is good.

Last edited:
The Frog & Firkin Is Really A Good Place.....wednesday's Usually Had Some Form Of A Bluegrass Band On The Patio....pinicale Peaks Is A Good Place For Red Meat & Plenty Of It...big Steaks....seeya.....say Hello To Larry Bailey For Me...

Marriott Downtown is the place to stay. Lots of good food and University of AZ. is right next door. -One of my favorite place to train!

Latest resources

Back