FSI Philadelphia/Wilmington

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

treetop flyer

Has anyone been to training at FSI PHL/Wilmington? I'm wondering what the food situation is as well as traffic, etc. Thanks in advance!

TF

FSI Wilmington

Good to see you have your priorities straight! Just kidding. Recently went through 604 Initial there. The facility is top shelf, good staff, dedicated instructors and state of the art trainning aids. Most guys I ran into stayed out in Newark - I prefer the Christiana Hilton but my sim-mate preferred the Marriott Courtyard. Stay on the 4th floor at the Hilton and breakfast is included (the Courtyard offers free breakfast to all), several good lunch joints close to the Facility - a couple within walking distance. The usual suspects for dinner but there is an exceptionally good buffet right across the street from the Hilton. Traffic ain't bad at any time - you can usually make the facility in 20 minutes max - just stay off of 95 until it is time to go home. Good luck.

The Courtyard Marriott near the mall is OK, but consider the Courtyard Marriott downtown. It's actually an easier trip the airport and you're next door to 2 great pubs/restaurants. One has half price sushi everynight during happy hour and the other is typicall pub grub with many beers on tap.

G3G4G5

I attended FlightSafety in Wilmington every 6 months for over 12 years. At one time or another I've stayed at all of the usual places - Hiltons, Marriotts, etc. A few years ago the Quality Inn, right next door to the training center, added a new wing of suites. These are nice 2-room suites and they're right next door to the training center. Just make sure that you specify the "new building" when you have FlightSafety book the rooms for you. When it comes to eating there is a nice crab shack (I don't remember the name, but the instructors will know about it.) not to far from the center and all of the usual chain restrauants nearby; however, be sure you go to Old New Castle and eat in some of the restored colonial restraurants over there. Also, there are plenty of excellent restraurants in nearby towns. Just ask your instructors where they'd recommend you go. I never went hungry in Wilmington.

LS

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great replies. I'll be staying at the Christiana Hilton. It sounds like I'll have a good selection of restaurants.
TF

If you want a good burger.... go out of the parking lot south on RT 13 ,through the first light, up the hill and make a u-turn to go back north on 13 look for JAKES you can't miss it. THe best burgers and shakes in town. It's only about 2 minutes up the road.

Also, for the best sub's in town go to Caproitti's about 5 minutes FSI. Just ask the guy's they should know where it is. If you like thanksgiving dinner... get the "Bobby" it is the best sub ever.

As for the Traffic... RT 13 can be a bit busy in the am and pm rush... PM me where your staying and I can give you some good places to get dinner and such. I lived there for 27 years so I know were to go.

Latest resources

Back