Frost on wings?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
Polishing the ice....great! Now I have more duties I can assign to my copilot, along with polishing the wings, nacelles, etc.

J/K G!
Now English, you just gotta change that Avatar! I thought some dispatcher was giving this advice.

Profile for dsptchrNJA

:eek:

:)

Singlecoil said:
Well, half of the posters on here would have been fired at some of the places I have worked. The ops manual says "polished smooth" and so do the regs. You run in and say you can't fly today because you can't remove the frost (no hangar, no de-ice available). You are fired.

This technique is SOP for flying in western Alaska.

The original question was about a general aviation trainer, not a friggin' CL-65. Polish it and go fly.
"Polishing smooth" applies to frost. The original question asked about frost and ice.

"Polishing smooth" is not permitted for ice. Remove the ice.

(Half? I demand a recount! :eek: )

:)

TonyC said:
Now English, you just gotta change that Avatar! I thought some dispatcher was giving this advice.

come on I love his lime headed cat. i've tried it with mine and he didn't find it to be enjoyable.

moxiepilot said:
come on I love his lime headed cat. i've tried it with mine and he didn't find it to be enjoyable.
First of all, English is most definitely a she.

Second, it's doubtful that the cat is hers. The picture has circulated elsewhere.

Third, I don't mind the picture. It's just that I've grown to associate that picture with another member of this board who goes by the name dsptchrNJA . That's why I provided the link in that post. I was being facetious, but she's gotta change it so I won't be so confused! :)

Latest resources

Back