• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier's major expansion announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting plans. I think they will have good competition on those routes though:

LAX ---MCI --Southwest has four flights I believe, so the yeilds won't be that high.

LAX--MSP---That was a good one. Until now, only NW had nonstop flights and this will make them bring down fares.

LAX--STL---A good one too, but AA has cut back a lot on their own costs, and they announced today and extra flight ( now 4 per day) on that route. They also have a pretty good RJ hub there for connections.

I thought Frontier was going to go for another airline's hub---like CLT or CVG. Maybe that will be down the road. LA does have a large population base---so there should be plenty of PAX.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

General,
Nawww CVG is going to be our new home. We love you guys at Delta sooooo much we followed to DFW and now CVG;) and F9 was going to thier new home.

seriously, what has really happened is all the dons at the LCC's met is Toronto and devided up the USA into familys so each LCC will work for the Big Boss as not to compeat with each other.

Just kiddin:p

Re: The other one....

F9 Driver said:
“With Washington-Dulles we have added another option to a destination that is critical for business travelers and popular with leisure travelers.”

And covered a UAL and 'Independent' route. Looks like Frontier has entered the mix as a potential competitor to ACA.

FLB717,

I knew you were kidding for a couple reasons: #1--a friend of mine based in CVG said that there was a recent article in the local paper saying that "Airtran was in a holding pattern" concerning any CVG flights, and that they would continue to fly mainly from Dayton to ATL instead. #2---I honestly don't think there is a lot of room for expanded service at CVG (this is always my response--but it is true). I am trying to think where they could come up with some more gates----not many available. (maybe one or two) I guess Airtran can also build a new terminal in CVG---just like ATL?
You had me shaking, though!!!! (not) Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes::p

General,
Term 1 and 2 have extra gate space. I would not rule CVG out. Personaly I would love to fly to CVG, I think it would be great to slide back my window and give Randy R. the salue he deseves. I even joked to my C.P. that he may get a call from CMR HQ.But DAY does do very well for us. You may have noticed slowly more destinations being added, just like CAK vs CLE. Any way sorry for hijacking the F9 threat is a DAL vs AAI argument.

FLB717,

Of course We'll hijack it---no one else is responding. You can have Terminal 1. We will be adding back capacity in 2004 and terminal 2 will be used more. Also, you can have CAK---although we have added mainline service there before, and we could put 737s on it again. We aren't just going to give you new routes with no competition.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

General,
Cool ! 5 gates means 50 flights a day, Ill take it:D It would be great we could have lunch, look at airplanes we could bond:p Oh yeah I dont think Delta has ever givin us anything but a hemroid.
Merry Chritmas all.

Latest resources

Back