Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DarnNearaJet

Don't hear much about Frontier on these boards.

Any Frontier pilots out there?

Any inside info on the company would be appreciated (pay, work rules, possibility of ALPA, happiness.)

Check out http://www.f9fapa.org

I hope that ALPA never ends up on property as we have a good relationship with management and a good in-house union.

Mostly happy (except the normal 10%)

We are about to get a 2.55% raise mid contract on top of the cost of living 3% per year that is contractual.

5000tt/3000pic is competitive these days.

Good Luck!

Any truth to the rumors that Frontier doesn't like turboprop pilots and prefer candidates who live in Denver?

What's the best way to get your resume on property (no personal contacts)? I understand they are not sending out apps, is this true?

HH

I know lots of turboprop pilots working at F9, but these days they can get folks with jet time and types. Living in Denver doesn't hurt:)

Keep sending resumes in. Every 30 days if you can. See the link above for address. I believe they send an application only if they are offering you an interview.

We are flooded with resumes, and many have recomendations attached.

Can't win if you don't play! Good luck!

you think F9 will handle the UAL bankruptcy? if that happens of course. I think many other large majors will follow if they do and the little guys are going to get squeezed hard.

I wish this crystal ball that I have was a little less cloudy!

still doesn't stop my monthly mail out to frontier.

I think that F9 will do better than most when the big guys start taking off the gloves. We have more cash and lower casm than most.

We only have about 8% of the Denver market and I think UAL has enough problems in house to solve before coming gunning for a fight with us. (we would out last them in a fare war at this point:)

Worst case seniero is that they get the consessions or file and get the 1.8B in govt. backed loans AND we DON'T get our govt. backed line of credit. I don't think that this will happen (we are more likely to get the credit line than they are to get their loans,) but if it does we would probably have to file to protect our cash reserves.

I think the little guys are going to do just fine in the end. Its the big guys who are going to have to do a gut check before deciding how much of their cash to burn in a fight.

When I was in college I remember the industry gurus talking about SWA being careful about what markets to enter lest they upset the big boys and start a war. Now its the big boys who quake when a small fry comes to town!

I r just a pilot so my opinions don't matter much, but those are them!

Good luck!

Seems to me that the Gov't (republicans) are playing a game of chicken to see who blinks first. UAL will get the contract concessions, the Unioins have basically agreed to it among themselves already.

The way I see it, the gov't cannot afford to not give UAL the loan. If they don't and UAL is unable to secure alternative financing (which they may be able to get w/ the concessions) UAL then files BK. With the amount of the market controlled by UAL and AAA in BK, the rest of the majors cannot compete. Within a month they will all be BK. The secondary and tertiary BKs will rock this economy so bad that no airline will remain out of BK. The total affect on the economy would be so significant that they would be fools to let it get there...oh yea they are republicans...anything to screw labor. Just might happen.

F9 and even SW would be in big trouble as well.

20/20,

I agree with the domino effect, that sounds plausible.

However, I don't think the Republicans have anything to do with it, unless you are actually sitting in congress and have a better view than all the rest of us. The Republicans are for a lot of things, and they are against very few things, my friend.

Anyway, I wish the best for all the airlines, theses are hard times. Take care,

Padre

I had an interesting opinion offered to me a bit ago. If UAL and USAir still want to merge and get the deal done during BK it could be approved since DOJ doesn't want the ripples hurting the economy. It would probably lead many others to BK, and could lead to others mega-mergers.

I don't know, but we already have defacto regulation with Junior's stabilization board handing out cash to "the deserving" and screwing up free market commerce.

Just my .02$

We do live in interesting (&dangerous) times!

Latest resources

Back