• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Low and Slow and F9 Driver hit it on the head. We're all in trouble as long as the moronic judge bends the rules in every way possible trying to "save" the 60,000 poor souls at United. Never mind that his actions are also crippling scores of others in the process. Not to mention the precedant he's setting regarding pension eliminations which will reverberate throughout every industry in America, not just the airlines. The camels' nose is under the tent.

I took a few minutes to review Frontier's 10-K filing from last year and came up with some observations. Note that I'm not really trained in business, reading 10-K's or much else really, but all that aside :) I found

1) Competition in Denver from primarily United (bankruptcy protection as mentioned), but also other carriers. Declining prices of ticket fares due to competition. It said their average ticket price went from something like $132 to $109 in one year 2002-2003.

2) Significant debt load and growing. Looks like it's due mainly to aircraft acquisitions, so this may not necessarily be a bad thing.

3) Higher cost of Denver as main hub. Not sure how much truth there is in this, but it looked like a factor.

4) Costs associated with transition to Airbus fleet.

Overall, it seems the whole thing boiled down to supply-and-demand, de-regulation and increased competition. Guess that's true for everyone these days.

Anyone outside of Colorado catch the new F9 commercial during the second half of the Super Bowl? Curious if it was nationally televised.
Best one yet!

BTW, ATA has some of the lowest costs in the industry too. I would say its all about revenue. If you can ensure a steady stream of good revenue the costs only have to be lower than the revenue. When your revenue is under fire (bigger competitors, debt payments, public stops flying, etc) it doesn't matter how low your costs are.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect...between wage increase and new aircraft and THEN 9/11...they got their new 737 leases right before 9/11...that meant that they were paying premium at the worst time. ATA only thought they were set up as a low cost carrier, but thruth be told they did NOT know how to operate at the prices they were selling seats for.

As for United, it is a shame that the US bankruptcy courts are set up in such a way that a business can operate for that length of time under its protection...

gear_guy said:
Gentlemen-

Anything new at Frontier Airlines? I have completed the online app. and submitted a resume to the Chief Pilot.

Anything else I can do to up my odds?

What does the future look like?

When can we expect the hiring to resume?

Is there currently a pool?

Thanks

gear_guy

Ask the member called Frontier1 she'll tell ya.

PHXFLYR said:
You want "hunky-dory"? Get your 737 type and get in line for Southwest. They don't get any "hunky- dori-er" than that!!:)

Good luck

PHXFLYR:cool:

I disagree.....FedEx is hunky-dori-er. You don't have to deal with passengers on top of it.

You're right! Not only that, no pesky Flight Attendants, either!! Nice to see some one as anti-social as me!!:)

Hey Crashpad

Got this from the web site.

But wait! Before we go any further, we must clarify that it’s not going to break the bank (or even come close). Since the commercial will run in select markets only, it costs far less than the outrageously expensive national Super Bowl spots, which can run in the multi-million dollar range.

Jetsi

PHXFLYR said:
You're right! Not only that, no pesky Flight Attendants, either!!:)

Please continue your discussion under the 'cargo' board.

Or enter in your search:

'box hauler', 'freight dog', 'gay racoon', 'I'm so ugly they won't let me in the main terminal', or 'this is a teepee for you to peepee, not a wigwam to beat your tomtom'.

Last edited:
In training last week---

The training manager said plans are to have a class of 20-25 in Dec 05 and continuing there after.

Also before the earnings anouncement; F9 knew and announced that they were going to lose money. Funny thing is (which I dont get) management is only a little concerned and not really too worried about it. At least thats how they convey the messge to the employee groups. The management team say we have a good amout of cash (149 million)).

As far as furloughs go...there are no planned furloughs...this was a presumed rumor from an outside source. Again, Management has been emphasizing the use of other cost saving actions before furloughing. So for NOW no furloughs.

We have a brand new class of flight attendents in the pipeline (31 or so ).

Also with the elimination of the Boeings this year, and the addition of new Airbuses our net growth is 2 Airplanes, so if we are indeed heavy on pilots then we will grow into them by the end of the year, thus a new class of pilots in Dec.

Again, I hope this helps reduce the rumors and updates any poolies.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back