Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
after SIX YEARS of "negotiations"
Just to set the record straight, it's been just over 4 years. Contract amendable 10/2007, we opened 4/2007.

Doesn't make it any better but it hasn't been 6 years. The turmoil with the Local 747 slowed things down but not by much. The only reason we don't have a TA is b/c of mgmt, not b/c we haven't been trying on our end. We propose something better than the FAR's and mgmt. balks and "negotiations" continue to drag out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this really need to be explained? The CAL contract which THEY voted on and agreed to allowed 50 seat flying to be outsourced. Their outsourcing is capped to 50 seats, which allows much more of their flying to be done in-house on mainline aircraft than any other legacy carrier.

In the RAH/YX case, one airline was systematically dismantled; their well paid pilots thrown out like yesterday's garbage while a bunch of eager punks, making $37 per hour, jumped in to the same sized aircraft doing the same flying.

Do you see the difference yet?

You just don't get it do you?? You steal mainline jobs and hide behind the fact that because they allow it. When we BOUGHT midwest, we flew 70 seat aircraft for industry standard rates....rates that are better than what your company pays. Last time I checked a 717 has double the capacity what a 170 does.

You young punks eagerly fly a 50 seat aircraft on a 737's old route for $40 an hour, but hey its ok because they allow it......

Last edited:
You just don't get it do you?? You steal mainline jobs and hide behind the fact that because they allow it. When we BOUGHT midwest, we flew 70 seat aircraft for industry standard rates....rates that are better than what your company pays. Last time I checked a 717 has double the capacity what a 170 does.

You young punks eagerly fly a 50 seat aircraft on a 737's old route for $40 an hour, but hey its ok because they allow it......

This guy ^^^ can't be serious?!?!

Haha, funny joke popeye.

According to a seat map I just pulled up from "seatguru.com", the Midwest Airlines Boeing 717-200 had 99 seats. 44 "signature" seats, and 55 "saver" seats. Can you please remind me how many seats your E-190 aircraft hold?

Yes, we do fly a 50 seat aircraft for $40 per hour. You fly a 99 seat aircraft for $37 per hour. I could draw you a graph if you like, but let's just assume that you're smart enough to see a difference there.

What do you mean "well that's ok because they allow it". You sound like you're being disingenuous with that statement. It IS ok, because they DID allow it. Due to the CAL pilots voting in language that allowed 50 awarded to be flown by a different pilot group, they created my job. You were installed to replace a mainline pilot group (the whole group, it's worth noting) flying the EXACT same size equipment for well under half the pay. How does that make you feel?

By the way, let's just see how these rates that are "better than what my company pays" really measure up shall we?

Republic:

12 year E170 CA: $87
12 year E190 CA: $96
4 year E145 FO: $37
12 year E190 FO: $37

ExpressJet:

12 year E145 CA: $85
4 year E145 FO: $39
8 year E145 FO: $44

Midwest:

12 year B-717 CA: $138
12 year B-717 FO: $91

That's just talking about pay, disregarding the fact that you don't have cancellation pay and your work rules generally suck. It was never my intention to rub your nose in any of this by the way. The OP just got under my skin.

Last edited:
By the way, let's just see how these rates that are "better than what my company pays" really measure up shall we?

Republic:

12 year E170 CA: $87
12 year E190 CA: $96
4 year E145 FO: $37
12 year E190 FO: $37

ExpressJet:

12 year E145 CA: $85
4 year E145 FO: $39
8 year E145 FO: $44

Midwest:

12 year B-717 CA: $138
12 year B-717 FO: $91

That's just talking about pay, disregarding the fact that you don't have cancellation pay and your work rules generally suck. It was never my intention to rub your nose in any of this by the way. The OP just got under my skin.

Why does a Frontier thread have some new hire XJT FO talking down from his pedestal?

Go back to OZ aussieboy.....

1. You have no idea who I am or what my history is.

2. I have no idea who you are, where you work nor do I give a FF. I will tell you this though, I have just as much right to an opinion as you, you disrespectful idiot.

1. You have no idea who I am or what my history is.

2. I have no idea who you are, where you work nor do I give a FF. I will tell you this though, I have just as much right to an opinion as you, you disrespectful idiot.

Did you hear something? I thought I heard something?...Must be flies buzzing........

Latest resources

Back