Frontier upgrade times?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shrek said:
but to bash a guy because he believes in a philosophy of having that "last" airline job is just sour grapes on your part.
No sour grapes here caused by him loving his new job. Good for him. The sour grapes come from him implying that Frontier might not want to be the avenue the original poster wants to take just because he's curious about the time to upgrade at F9. That's f'n bull **it. That's what pisses me off. Him being naive doesn't. That's just comical.

Uhhh, no it's not. Some people actually might consider quality of life issues rather than the quickest upgrade. I'm at CAL ('97 hire and actually like it here) and could've held a EWR 737 capt bid a year ago. I passed on it for one main reason; I live in IAH and wouldn't move to the EWR area, so I'd have to be pretty much insane to commute from hub to hub to be a bottom feeder rsv capt and be scheduling's bitch for the next few years with virtually no days off once the commute time is added in. Some guys rag on living in Houston, but for me it ain't bad... I'm in the 'burbs building an RV-8 and riding my CBR on my days off. It's really a pretty decent gig as a relatively "senior" FO and having a good number of days off. For me, right now, days off are everything, not the upgrade. Perhaps in another year I could hold IAH capt... to sit rsv at home might not be so bad.

But, I suspect some people might go for the quickest upgrade to be abused by scheduling and beat up by the commute just so they can have something to complain about; it's seems there are a few on here that just live to whine...

Great that works for you, just wait till the industry tanks again or you merge with NWA or Delta and all or their furloughs get placed in front of you for the next 5 or six years or wait until to age 60 rule is changed. I bet you will wish you had taken the upgrade then. Don't think it can happen to you? Time will tell. I suspect that you would not be happy as an 18 year fo.

Trust me I don't live to whine thats kind of jackass statement since you don't even know me. But I will say that I am a realist about the airline industry. I know many pilots at my airline that could have take an upgrade but didn't because of quality of life reasons or even better didn't take it because training was in PHX in the summer or that training was going to interfere with their vacation. OOPS, now a we buy out USAIR and the upgrades stop and there is the looming possibility that they may not upgrade for years to come, depending on the arbitrators decision.

My point, Great I'm glad that works for you at your airline in you own little world, for a F9 pilot at a smal niche carrier I would be very interested in upgrade time.

Just to mix things up a bit, Frontier has some real winners for captains, a captain who will remain nameless, while checking for contamination on the wings, could not see past the frost on the window at the emergency exit, opened the window and inflated the slide over the wing, well I guess it became contaminated then with a slide

"well folks we have a winner"

ex-nutjeter said:
Just to mix things up a bit, Frontier has some real winners for captains, a captain who will remain nameless, while checking for contamination on the wings, could not see past the frost on the window at the emergency exit, opened the window and inflated the slide over the wing, well I guess it became contaminated then with a slide

"well folks we have a winner"

Hey Ex-Nuter, didn't someone have a conversation with you sometime ago about your post on this forum? You have been so well behaved for such a long time now

It was certainly a boneheaded move by a good guy, who was willing to do anything and everything to make it right. We have some real winners as F/O's as well.

So do most companies. One of my favorite threads was about the most outstandinding nuts in the industry.

m80drvr said:
Trust me I don't live to whine thats kind of jackass statement since you don't even know me.
Jeez man, relax. Did I specifically call you a whiner? Nope. But face it, there's lotsa people on here that do just that. Also, some of your arguments don't exactly hold water... I know of a few guys that had upgraded to the almighty left seat, then along come the furloughs and they're back to the right seat for a few more years. Yep, that upgrade sure helped there.

So, other than that, thanks for educating me and showing me the error of my ways.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back