• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Sold?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest rumor I heard which came from an AA pilot was that AMR was going to buy Frontier, JetBlue, and VA when they emerge out of BQ.

That doesn't sound like a good plan.

I just couldn't imagine the new logo on the tail....(ugghhh)

That doesn't sound like a good plan.

I just couldn't imagine the new logo on the tail....(ugghhh)

Branson screwing a blue racoon while eating an eagle?

Frontier managment insists there will be no merger with another airline and they have around 3 private equity firms interested in buying F9. I don't trust a word management says though. We have gone into huge cash preservation mode which either means we have a buyer lined up or we will be out of business. I'm leaning more torwards we have a buyer since RAH has too much at stake with Frontier.

Personally, I would take a merger with AMR than face what a PE firm will do to us.

Frontier managment insists there will be no merger with another airline and they have around 3 private equity firms interested in buying F9. I don't trust a word management says though. We have gone into huge cash preservation mode which either means we have a buyer lined up or we will be out of business. I'm leaning more torwards we have a buyer since RAH has too much at stake with Frontier.

Personally, I would take a merger with AMR than face what a PE firm will do to us.

I would think a merger with AA could be plausible, primarily because the only "West Coast" hub AA/US has is PHX, and it is low yeild. I have heard DEN has more business travel there, and the only other focus city AA has out West is LA, and they are growth limited in Terminal 4, with the Eagle's nest (AA Eagle, now SkyWest) on the other side of terminal 7 I believe. Not a lot of new gates available there. I think F9 in DEN could give the new AA a good hub out West, and anything West of there is capacity constrained.

Bye Bye---General Lee

AMR also wants lots of Airbuses which we (Jetblue, Frontier, VA) all have a lot of plus the NEO orders that we have on order.

Anyone of us could sell our NEO orders instead of AMR buying us. I'm not sure what the process is for selling orders, but i'm sure it can be done.

You may be able to buy the whole operation cheaper than the delivery slots. You take out a "competitor" and hold onto a certificate. Depending on Airbus' situation at the time, Airplanes may be more expensive now!

Prime example, does anyone know what the 73's at Boeing cost AirTran and what the current price is? Rumor has it that it's a 20 million dollar difference!

KBB

Latest resources

Back