Frontier Pilots, Is this true?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Animal Tale & others offended,

My apologies if my question was offensive in anyway. The stories from the F9 pilots on here have clearly shown the story as told to my FO by others was not indicative of a widespread problem and if it occurred was at the most a one time event, if even that.

Did something happen at one or two hotels immediately after the Ch 11 announcement that was very isolated? It certainly was possible and from the stories of others who have experienced it from other airlines, highly probable. However, F9 is paying their hotel bills and nothing widespread is occurring....that is the story to be told IMHO.

I've never been through bankruptcy (thank goodnees) and don't know what the standard practices (good and bad are). It appears this has been a practice at other airlines going through similiar experiences....again this is very foreign to me and was also news to me. My lack of experience in living through something like this came through....no offense meant in asking the question.

My goal was to shoot down the rumor with facts and now I have much more information to do that intelligently with.

Again my apologies if asking a question I wanted to get the facts on was offensive to those who work for F9.

The employees of F9 are wonderful folks that I have met and deserve much better in terms of their future and job prospects. Their culture is on par with the best that is out there. Their willingness in these few instances to keep things afloat and other sacrifices is indicative of that spirit.

I wish them all nothing but smooth skies and hope they all prosper in what is no doubt very difficult times.

CHASE,

Thanks for the reply. I"m still surprised that a guy of your caliber would post crap like this...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt based on your past reputation.

Let's put to rest another stupid rumor...one I heard from a "concerned" SWA pilot, even though he was telling everyone within earshot:

The rumor is that F9 can't pay for it's fuel on credit and that captains are being given envelopes of cash to pay for fuel. I'm sorry to risk potentially spreading another rumor but this kind of nonsense has to be dealt with. THESE RUMORS ARE PURE BS!!! Besides, any captain worth his salt would blow the whole stash in the hotel bar on the first overnight.

Our flights are full, our morale is good (surprisingly so under the circumstances), everyone I fly with is working their animal tail off, our operational numbers are the best that they've ever been, and as far as I can tell you wouldn't know we're in bankruptcy were it not for it being a topic of conversation. Most of the passengers with whom I've spoken are still booking ahead on Frontier and have full faith in the company.

Having said all that it all comes down to the price of oil and the creditors committee. Anything can happen. ALL OTHER RUMORS ARE PURE BS!!!

Last edited:
Posted by MAX POWERS:

"Oh and they have plenty of gas but they tax it so much people don't wast it by driving SUVs or the likes and therefore are completely independent of needing middle east oil….

Whats Mcain's great answer: drill more. Nope that won't help either."

Max,

You neglected one very important fact and by doing so you don't realize, or have chosen to ignore the contradiction in your post:

Norway gets it's oil ("they have plenty of gas") from offshore drilling. They are the world's third largest oil exporter and seventh largest oil producer. "

"Today Norway sits on approximately half of the remaining reserves of oil and gas in Europe. It covers 10 per cent of Europe's gas consumption and within a few years will increase gas exports dramatically and account for 30 per cent of European gas imports."---

Jan Hagland,
Director of Information for the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate

MAX, they got all that oil and gas from drilling, offshore, it wasn't provided by magical Trolls. But you knew that didn't you.

Newf,

A proud member of the Norwegian-American community

Last edited:
Chase, technically it is true, but only on a limited scale and ONLY right after the BK filing. A quick call to our company people quickly fixed the problem with the hotels and the fuel vendors, and as far as i know, not a dime came out of any pilots pocket to pay for company expenses.

kc81900, you stated "professors that never held a real job", are you trying to tell me that the educators in this country are not holding "real" jobs? What kind of horse$hit is that?! You sound like one of those people that does not think a good education is worth it's weight in gold. Wake up brotha', teachers are more important than you or i. Our industry can be replaced by a bus any day, try replacing your childrens education with a "bus" and see what happens.
...sorry, just had to protect the educators out there who don't hold "real" jobs!...

Starch & Newf,

I told the FO at the time it was hard to believe but when he said an F9 pilot friend of his told him that I simply acknowledge it and shrugged my shoulders.

Again my intent was to get the fact and I got them.

I too have seen great morale and spirit from the F9 pilots I've encountered. I wish them all well and thanks for the respectful reply even if my question may have seen disrespectful.

FI performs a valuable source of getting rumors dismissed as quickly as they grow...you've dispelled this one. thanks.

Chase,

Since you know it is BS and you dont believe it, why bring out more negative Sh!t about F9?

Capitalism is at work here. Give it a few more weeks of high oil prices, LOW TICKET PRICES and you dont need your FO to tell you anything, YOUR WISH will come true. SWA will be the KING OF DENVER!

Please dont insult us by your INSINCERE CONCERNS and IGNORANT QUESTIONS.

CYA

How are ya buddy !? been way way to long... Hit me up some time soon.

Hope you guys will stay in business buddy.... I for one love F9 and it belongs in Denver.

Hotel room charges? Heck, I remember working for a carrier and dispatch told me to use my credit card to pay for the gas(6000 gallons). I laughed so hard I almost dropped the phone. Need I say I didn't do it and they're no longer in business.

CHASE,

I've read your posts for a long time. You've always been a class act. Forgive us F9'ers if we get a little sensitive as we fight for our survival.

Newf

The hotel credit card requests happen sooner or later at every airline in bk. I've seen it several times at several airlines, and for good reason because thay all eventually liquidated.

Latest resources

Back