• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

banger

Frontier pilots agree to extend pay cuts
Lisa Treon
10/14/2008

Frontier Airlines pilots—represented by the Frontier Airline Pilots Association (FAPA)—have ratified an agreement to extend wage-concession agreements, according to bankruptcy court documents.

The agreement, which originally expired Sept. 30, will remain in effect through Dec. 1. The new agreement is expected to save Frontier roughly $7.1 million from the beginning of the initial concession, which pilots signed in May, through the end of the agreement. The pact included temporary wage reductions and the temporary suspension of the company’s contribution to their 401(k) plans.

Frontier and FAPA continue to negotiate changes to the collective bargaining agreement, though they haven’t yet reached final agreement, the company said in court papers. The bankruptcy court must still approve the agreement; a hearing on the motion is scheduled for Oct. 30.

Yeah as I had expected. I believe it truly will be a sign of the apocalypse when a pilot group actually stands up and says...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Bunch of sell outs. Your concessions won't do a thing but line the pockets of management. What don't 90% of airline pilots understand about this. You will never be rewarded for your sacrifice. All this does is show management that they can extract anything they want from us. pathetic!!

Yeah as I had expected. I believe it truly will be a sign of the apocalypse when a pilot group actually stands up and says...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Bunch of sell outs. Your concessions won't do a thing but line the pockets of management. What don't 90% of airline pilots understand about this. You will never be rewarded for your sacrifice. All this does is show management that they can extract anything they want from us. pathetic!!

Did you ever consider that they don't want a judge to decide what they will get paid?...Remember they are in BK.

How much was the paycut for, 10%, 20% or 50% like at SCA? Good luck guys, just wondering how much you guys had to take.

They're in a really tough place boss. Better the pay cut than lose their jobs. Where will they go if their airline goes chapter 7? You don't have the crystal ball on Frontier like you think you do.

They're in a really tough place boss. Better the pay cut than lose their jobs. Where will they go if their airline goes chapter 7? You don't have the crystal ball on Frontier like you think you do.

As soon as someone proves that there is a link between you might have a point. Until then -- you're wrong.

PIPE

I am so sorry! I would rather be out on the street than continue to DEGRADE our profession. OUR AIRLINE INDUSTRY PAY AND BENEFITS ARE AWEFUL! Why? Because we are a bunch of "Whimps" and we dont hold the line!

Take a good look at the LongSHoreman. A trash supervisor makes 190K-210K/per year. Why? Because his UNION does not take Sh!t and is not bullied into paycuts.

I hear at F9 we are going to get more A320s. I bet you MNGMT will ask for more paycuts to purchase them. I also bet that our pilot group will vote for it. (SO SAD).

Best of Luck!

CYA

Pay cuts were 14.5% Merry Christmas.

14.5 percent is just the hourly rate cut. If you factor in no 401k contribution, and no B fund...its more liek 19.5 percent total.

Latest resources

Back