Frontier pilots extend pay cuts

banger

Total Time
Frontier pilots agree to extend pay cuts
Lisa Treon
10/14/2008

Frontier Airlines pilots—represented by the Frontier Airline Pilots Association (FAPA)—have ratified an agreement to extend wage-concession agreements, according to bankruptcy court documents.

The agreement, which originally expired Sept. 30, will remain in effect through Dec. 1. The new agreement is expected to save Frontier roughly $7.1 million from the beginning of the initial concession, which pilots signed in May, through the end of the agreement. The pact included temporary wage reductions and the temporary suspension of the company’s contribution to their 401(k) plans.

Frontier and FAPA continue to negotiate changes to the collective bargaining agreement, though they haven’t yet reached final agreement, the company said in court papers. The bankruptcy court must still approve the agreement; a hearing on the motion is scheduled for Oct. 30.

pipejockey

Total Time
0-9000
Yeah as I had expected. I believe it truly will be a sign of the apocalypse when a pilot group actually stands up and says...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Bunch of sell outs. Your concessions won't do a thing but line the pockets of management. What don't 90% of airline pilots understand about this. You will never be rewarded for your sacrifice. All this does is show management that they can extract anything they want from us. pathetic!!

contrail67

Total Time
Yeah as I had expected. I believe it truly will be a sign of the apocalypse when a pilot group actually stands up and says...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Bunch of sell outs. Your concessions won't do a thing but line the pockets of management. What don't 90% of airline pilots understand about this. You will never be rewarded for your sacrifice. All this does is show management that they can extract anything they want from us. pathetic!!

Did you ever consider that they don't want a judge to decide what they will get paid?...Remember they are in BK.

schafjet

Osama hunter
Total Time
10000+
How much was the paycut for, 10%, 20% or 50% like at SCA? Good luck guys, just wondering how much you guys had to take.

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time

They're in a really tough place boss. Better the pay cut than lose their jobs. Where will they go if their airline goes chapter 7? You don't have the crystal ball on Frontier like you think you do.

pipe

fuggedaboutit
Total Time
They're in a really tough place boss. Better the pay cut than lose their jobs. Where will they go if their airline goes chapter 7? You don't have the crystal ball on Frontier like you think you do.

As soon as someone proves that there is a link between you might have a point. Until then -- you're wrong.

PIPE

AnimalTale

Total Time
mucho

I am so sorry! I would rather be out on the street than continue to DEGRADE our profession. OUR AIRLINE INDUSTRY PAY AND BENEFITS ARE AWEFUL! Why? Because we are a bunch of "Whimps" and we dont hold the line!

Take a good look at the LongSHoreman. A trash supervisor makes 190K-210K/per year. Why? Because his UNION does not take Sh!t and is not bullied into paycuts.

I hear at F9 we are going to get more A320s. I bet you MNGMT will ask for more paycuts to purchase them. I also bet that our pilot group will vote for it. (SO SAD).

Best of Luck!

CYA

Cornelius

Where's Pancakes House
Total Time
Pay cuts were 14.5% Merry Christmas.

climb2slow

F9 busboy
Total Time
8500+
14.5 percent is just the hourly rate cut. If you factor in no 401k contribution, and no B fund...its more liek 19.5 percent total.

Full of LUV

Total Time
Ouch

14.5 percent is just the hourly rate cut. If you factor in no 401k contribution, and no B fund...its more liek 19.5 percent total.

Ouch, climb 2, I hope your avatar is a pic from your FA's, otherwise it would be hard to be motivated with 20% paycut, not to mention inflation, etc....

Green Banana

Request Direct Honolulu..
Better the pay cut than lose their jobs.

At what point is this not true.
Would you say this if it was a 50% pay cut, 90%?
Airlines are just testing to find the braking point.
Until this point is found and pilots say "it's better to lose my job than take that pay cut........, you are right......

AnimalTale

Total Time
mucho
HERE IS THE F'KN BULL$HIT,

Our pilots voted, not to help out our furloughed pilots, with their medical bills (SHAME ON US).

(Side Note:I am a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN. But I belong to a UNION, so I have to have Social values and help our distressed brothers/sisters.)

One of the most vocal pilots, against helping out furloughed pilots, wants to drop some of her/his trips this month.

Thats cool, it in her/his rights to do so, but her/his excuse for not helping furloughed pilots with their medical bills was that she/he is Broke and she/he cannot afford to pay 25 bucks/month. (Her/His trip that she wants to drop is worth around 400 bucks!) (The Union wanted to only assess 25 bucks/month for furloughed Fos medical fund).

I am so F'n confused!!!

CYA

Last edited:

Toobdrvr

Total Time
No, we voted not to help the furloughees through the only package that was offered to us, which was a mandatory extra dues assesment. NO research was done regarding the level of interest in the program and thus how much $ was needed. Instead, they came up with an arbitrary number and stated that if $ was left over in the end, it would go in the Union's general fund...

In voting "No" for the assistance package, I for one was voting "yes" for a voluntary fund, which is being set up. That way, I know how much the program needs and that my voluntary contribution goes to those who need it vs the general coffers of FAPA. As soon as someone tells me how much they need from me, I'll write a check, up to the amount originally proposed in the plan.

Animal, I know you started this ball rolling and I admire the initiative. I, too want to help the furloughees that need it, but the package we voted on was unacceptable. I don't think any furloughees are going to suffer as a result of the vote. Personally, I'm sick of hearing about it.

Just had to get that off my chest...

f9r

Total Time
Very well put Toob. I voted no as well based on the reasons stated. It was a well intended but poorly executed plan and I have to question why someone would call out his own pilot group on a public message board based on inaccuracies and incomplete information. The subject was extensively debated in house (as it should be) and the vast majority saw it as you described it. Give it a rest.