• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Near-Miss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It should be called a near hit. If it nearly missed it means they would have hit something.. Fluck getting on the plane I'm getting in it.

Great job ........ glad the system worked - although I am sure the crew saw it first.......

Someone needs to remove that link. The story had load information for the flight in question.

PIPE

Good job for the crew. Also, a reminder to all of us to think about our go around procedures.

Great job ........ glad the system worked - although I am sure the crew saw it first.......

Interesting how that article says the AMASS alerted controllers who told the pilots to go around. NTSB press release states that the Frontier Pilots saw the incursion and initiated the go around on their own:

http://www.ntsb.gov/Pressrel/2007/070105a.htm

If they had waited for the AMASS to 'tell' them there was a problem those two planes would have become one fiery mess....makes you wonder what would have happened if the ceiling was one or two hundred feet lower.

Good job to the crew.

As of today, posting airline load information will not be allowed anymore. Posting aircraft load information, while it helps some of us get to work, also compromises safety by giving out airline flight specific information. We have had a few reported posts that specifically discuss the security issues that go with sharing airline flight specific load information. If you want to find out how many seats are available, please use travel sites like orbitz, expedia and travelocity or the airline sites directly. Many airline sites have a way of seeing how many seats are open on a flight. We at flightinfo cannot be held responsible for having airline specific load information shared on this public site. Many here may think that this decision is petty and we are being uptight. I can assure you that this reason is for security and safety reasons and the point of it is of trying to protect our profession and industry. Once again, thank you for the understanding in this.

It was a poor attempt at wry, sarcastic humor.

PIPE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back