• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Frontier guys" Don't get Greedy!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If SWA gets the bid then the list will be fair. F9 is in chapter 11, SWA will buy them, staple the list, the pay freeze, denver lock, vacation etc. is all extra. That is what the should get, nothing more. They should be thanking the lord for this. There is no reason why they should come out on top of any SWA pilot.

I'm beginning to hope no agreement can be reached, and WN management holds true to their word. No deal. SWA is SWA, F9 is F9 or RAH. Good luck to all.

10 pages, that's nothing. Wait till this thing gets to arbitration, where it will end up if SWA wins the bid and both sides can't negotiate a list, you'll see 3000 pages of testimony with everyone is saying the same thing.

I hope for the sake of all the pilots at SWA and Frontier that you all work this thing out amicably and arrive at a negotiated agreement that is fair and equitable to all, it will be better than what will come out of arbitration.

There will not be any arbitration period. Everything has to be signed, sealed and finalized before GARY will move forward. SWAPA will kill the deal if the pilot group is not happy. Bringing on F9 does NOTHING for anyone of us if it's not done correctly.

If the F9 pilots get stapled and furlouged, in the SWAPA contract is there a time limit on getting recalled? I hope that this SWA deal gets done even if it is a staple. It would be good for all involved if done correctly.

450 is a super majority of f9 pilots on f9 property and almost a super majority of all f9 pilots[including furloughs]. Looks to me like at least 450 of the f9 guys/gals are very comfortable with being at the bottom of our list. I am not familiar with your pilot demographics in regard to everyones flight times, but would venture to guess that most of the rest of the 700 or so do not meet the qualifications to even apply at WN.

This will all play out. F9 has a wonderful group and will be welcomed here by our pilot group if this deal is done with WN.

Do the math.

Swa is overstaffed about 50 jets.

F9 has 50 jets.

How many jets will SWA need?

How many pilots will SWA need?

Some things to remember about ATA.
1) ATA could fly any route that they wanted, they just couldn't CODESHARE on a route if SWA also flew that route.
2) SWA never owned any part of ATA prior to buying the Certificate in Bankruptcy, after all employees were terminated.
3) ATA went bankrupt after FedEX removed them from the military charter group.

Some things to remember about ATA.
1) ATA could fly any route that they wanted, they just couldn't CODESHARE on a route if SWA also flew that route.
2) SWA never owned any part of ATA prior to buying the Certificate in Bankruptcy, after all employees were terminated.
3) ATA went bankrupt after FedEX removed them from the military charter group.

1) Yes, and no. We pulled out of every directly competitive route because John Denison, former SWA CFO, said we weren't competitive. Also, told us that SWA didn't want us to be competitive with them.

2) See the part about "First Bankruptcy" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATA_Airlines

3) Yes, John Denison said we needed DC10's. The newest was older than our oldest L1011. He appointed Sabodh Karnik as CEO, who brought in some nitwit from WestPac, and BizEx who's now at Allegient to be VP Ops. All had no idea what they were doing. There is a lawsuit pending, but nothing will come of it.

Latest resources

Back