• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
From the company website;

"We have taken yet another step towards potential service to Costa Rica by filing a request with the Department of Transportation. The filing process is necessary when seeking authority for any foreign routes and we have similarly filed in the past for our Mexico destinations. Costa Rica is a country in Central America, bordered by Nicaragua and Panama."

Any guess on the departure city? We just moved to a new gate in MCO that has customs, so that might be the city. Regardless, hopefully this is a better money maker than the SFO-LAX shuttle. I am waiting to hear if this route will go to lynx!;)

Changed my life!

I used to fly Vanguard's airplanes down to San jose for heavy maintenance. I bought a condo in Playa Tamarindo on the Northwest Pacific coast last year. I try to get down there about every 6 weeks for 4-7 days. I am trying to find a way to leave this rat race and retire down there as soon as possible. Truly changed my life. Pura Vida! Everyone I have non-reved down there with has always been awesome. Usually go out of ORD to LIR. Shuttle van picks me up for a 45 minute ride to my condo, cooler full of cervesa fria, $20 including tip and I unplug from the world for a week. By the way, my condo is for rent when I'm not there.

Hmmm...so if i read that correctly, that pretty much gives us authority to fly to any open skies destination or any country we currently serve (mexico and canada) without the need to reapply until the year 2009. So does that mean Belize and Jamaica are next (a little rumor mill there by the way)?

My big question now...layovers or three pilot crews down to Costa Rica? God i hope it is layovers...yeah i know, i would not be able to hold those probably ever, but it would open up other destinations that i would like to get to more often.

15kts.

Latest resources

Back