• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier closing doors this week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ultra, good thing nobody on here cares what you think anymore because you are obviously jaded in your pathetic life. We know you want to see f9 fail because they shot you down so get over yourself loser.

Take a look at my profile and ask youself again if I got hired on with 250 hours. Quite the contrary, this is my second regional airline. Before this I flew 135 single pilot freight, flew part 91 corporate, and 135 charter. I am just finishing up college now online with a family to provide for to boot. Don't presume I'm anything that your little mind conjurs up. My first post was sarcasm, and poked fun at the fact that we, "Republic" have become a bank and leasing company. If I had my way, I'd be flying at a regional most of my life because I love the type of flying. My arse get's number after 2-3 hours to tell you the truth. I enjoy flying into podunk airports like SCE, and CRW, and LBB. If I could have it my way, I would be doing this job in a turboprop powered by a Garrett TPE-331 and on a mainline seniority list. Unfortunately this isn't the way it worked out. I ask again, don't presume to know anything. We are all on the same team.

And again, I was there, twelve years at a regional, I know what it's like, and I did all those similar things you did before the Regional, I'm not the guy that was handed my "Major" job. I was implying the way you had stated it made it sould like you were proud of what Republic does or has done, No, It's not your fault, reread your original post, doesn't really sound like sarcasm to me but if it is, Sorry for implying that you were "This Guy". There are alot of guys unemployed and they are going to be more, and if republic eventually puts the F9 guys on the street, it won't be you guys fault (or your management's fault) it will be Southwest fault, Because everything's our fault;)!

My apologies.
KBB

The senior captain, air force guy who never flew anything civilian until the majors, I flew with didn't "Get it" just as much as a few of the regional guys don't get it. These guys get out of college and go to the regionals. Where else is there to go on the civilian side? Every time your regional grows 95 percent of "regional guys" take it with a grain of salt. They know that some could have gone to major growth and some is new smaller service. Either way its hard not to get excited about the growth even if some of that growth could have gone to a major that they MIGHT get hired at.
Sorry about the long wind but most all regional guys and gals do get it, there are always a few that don't and never will. Just be careful, from your tone one can see that you think 95 of the regional guys don't get it instead of 5%. Both regional and major guys have the 5% that don't get it. And not one pilot ever inked a deal to fly planes on any route. We call those people management. Keep the team, now more than ever we don't need the "you guys" we need the "we".:beer:

I was on the other side (regionals) for 12 years, It comes down to the Union's fault (really ALPA's because they were the only union when the RJ's showed up and the regional's started to grow!) Scope would have taken care of all this, OR BETTER YET EVERYONE ON ONE SENIORITY LIST! But each individual ALPA group was only worried about themselves so the "We don't want to fly those little things" attitude got swept under the table and now it's coming back to bite everybody, Only in a different way than before, Management is whipsawing now by taking Regionals in BIG RJ's and replacing complete airlines (Like Midwest for example)

I apologized for attacking "This Guy" but I did not read the sarcasm into the post..Yes, we are all on the same team and it is management that is making this awful decesions for us all, My airline could be next but Republic is not Robin Hood!
Thanks, KBB

And again, I was there, twelve years at a regional, I know what it's like, and I did all those similar things you did before the Regional, I'm not the guy that was handed my "Major" job. I was implying the way you had stated it made it sould like you were proud of what Republic does or has done, No, It's not your fault, reread your original post, doesn't really sound like sarcasm to me but if it is, Sorry for implying that you were "This Guy". There are alot of guys unemployed and they are going to be more, and if republic eventually puts the F9 guys on the street, it won't be you guys fault (or your management's fault) it will be Southwest fault, Because everything's our fault;)!

My apologies.
KBB

Sorry, I shouldve used an emoticon or something. Anyway... I'm also displeased with the fact that I thought I was hired on to fly at an airline even if it's a commuter, not a lender. I really dont think anyone knows what the hell they're doing anymore. Either that or I'm a simple SOB. I was brought up thinking you spent a dollar if you had two. Silly me! :nuts:

ultra, good thing nobody on here cares what you think anymore because you are obviously jaded in your pathetic life. We know you want to see f9 fail because they shot you down so get over yourself loser.
You have no idea what the hell you're even talking about.

Sorry, I shouldve used an emoticon or something. :nuts:

Careful now, I don't even know what the he{} an EMOTICON is...no worries, If Republic is in the lending business, Maybe they should bail out the banking morons and Save us (the tax payers) the hassle.

Insert Emoticon here! ;)
KBB

Latest resources

Back