• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier closing doors this week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An operating profit doesn't mean anything if your non-operating expenses are higher.

You are absolutely right, I guess people do not take financial classes seriously enough to understand that profit means nothing if your expenses are killing you.
People need to take financial classes and they need to be mandatory with 90% passing or you have to repeat!

I hope you guys pull through ok. I have been hosed this year and have written the place off for me.(Midwest) Just hope our idiot leaders did'nt start a trend and F9 announces that you will be down to Nine airplanes and Lynx is getting the rest. I hope your contract is better than ours. Good luck everyone.

I dunno, we are loaning 15 mil (I think... ) to Midwest Airlines. I'm not sure we can spare another square. Honestly, it's kind of ironic. We take AA, DAL, CAL, UAL, and USAirways' money and give it to the LLCs and Nationals. That makes us kinda like Robin Hood! :beer:

Yep just like Robin Hood...except you take from what was once the rich kingdoms and give to the poor kingdoms all while you steal, rape, and murder the poor kings servants.

Yep just like Robin Hood...except you take from what was once the rich kingdoms and give to the poor kingdoms all while you steal, rape, and murder the poor kings servants.

Thats kinda funny...... a little true.. but kinda funny.

AA

If you did talk with a fellow F9 pilot and he did state what you posted, then he unfortunately has no idea what he is talking about.

The teamsters are currently involved in an 1113c motion. The judge is allowing both sides to present their cases, and after Oct. 3 he will make a decision. He has 30 days to consider the information provided, so there will be no decision made this week regarding any of the employee groups represented by the teamsters.

The pilots are currently voting on an extension of the "interim" cuts while the union continues to negotiate possible permanent restructuring to the CBA. The company has not filed an 1113 against FAPA yet, so the judge can't touch the pilot contract, yet.

The extension vote will close on the 10th, so there will be no decision on that aspect of the concession this week either.

In summary, there will be no decisions this week on any contracts or concessions.

With that being said, we can still close our doors at any time. We are operating within Ch. 11, we are losing money every month, and the potential for another white knight stepping up and dumping their capital into a bottomless pit known as "the airlines" decreases everyday.

But then again, this is aviation and stranger things have happened.

Last note, I see SWA guys ALL the time on the jumpseat, and they are all great. Please do not say something stupid about another pilot group and make us all look bad. If you are one of those guys that flips off every SWA 737 as they fly by then I pity you. We are in this mess because of several idiotic management decisions made between 2003-2008. Potter, Tate, et al had very little competition, cheap leases, cheap fuel, and they still managed to lose money while every other airline on the planet was posting record profits.

In bankruptcy court near the end game it will always be:.........We are going to shut down unless you give us X and Z. No one knows how true this is but when you negotiate with Unions and Judge lots of posturing is going to be involved.

Good luck f9 guys and gals

If you did talk with a fellow F9 pilot and he did state what you posted, then he unfortunately has no idea what he is talking about.

The teamsters are currently involved in an 1113c motion. The judge is allowing both sides to present their cases, and after Oct. 3 he will make a decision. He has 30 days to consider the information provided, so there will be no decision made this week regarding any of the employee groups represented by the teamsters.

The pilots are currently voting on an extension of the "interim" cuts while the union continues to negotiate possible permanent restructuring to the CBA. The company has not filed an 1113 against FAPA yet, so the judge can't touch the pilot contract, yet.

The extension vote will close on the 10th, so there will be no decision on that aspect of the concession this week either.

In summary, there will be no decisions this week on any contracts or concessions.

With that being said, we can still close our doors at any time. We are operating within Ch. 11, we are losing money every month, and the potential for another white knight stepping up and dumping their capital into a bottomless pit known as "the airlines" decreases everyday.

But then again, this is aviation and stranger things have happened.

Last note, I see SWA guys ALL the time on the jumpseat, and they are all great. Please do not say something stupid about another pilot group and make us all look bad. If you are one of those guys that flips off every SWA 737 as they fly by then I pity you. We are in this mess because of several idiotic management decisions made between 2003-2008. Potter, Tate, et al had very little competition, cheap leases, cheap fuel, and they still managed to lose money while every other airline on the planet was posting record profits.

Finally! A a post that puts the blame where it needs to be. Southwest has NOTHING to do with F9's problems.

As cool as frontier is, the only reason we care at all as pilots is b/c of seniority and the fact that we start completely over at the bottom when changing companies.

oh-- and not a fan of republic- but they are a tool to get pilot wages lower and undermine the whole concept of seniority.
But it takes 51% of a major airline pilot group to create the market for them to compete in.
Stand strong on scope- and reign it back in.

If seniority is going to be played against us and bastardized by scope-- why don't we just get rid of it?

Good luck frontier-

Latest resources

Back