• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Asked for 20% Cut?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, what's up? Is this just a rumor or is Frontier management really asking pilots for concessions? I hope not. You guys are the benchmark for domestic A320/A319/A318 pay in the U.S. The rest of us should be moving in your direction, not the other way around.

filejw, how long would it take for parity? About as long as it took for the United guys to have to drop to match Frontier's lousy pay. Where does it end.

That's the point, if we had a national contract every body would be paid the same.And i think we all want United to come up and not Frontier come down.How long would it take? Have to ask the ALPA politicians and lawyers.

I have been saying on this board for the past five or six years that we need a Guild. The guild sets the minimum pay for each piece of equipment.

Your individual union can negotiate something better, but never less than the minimum set by the Guild.

Guild? is that another term for communism? Give me the free market baby!!!!

We had a regulated industry...now it is market based, let's keep it that way.

Guild? is that another term for communism? Give me the free market baby!!!!

We had a regulated industry...now it is market based, let's keep it that way.

Communism. That's the word that came to my mind too.

I can see the appeal of a minimum guaranteed salary but what separates us from a lot of other industries in the country/world? Shouldn't secretaries, lawyers and engineers all get the same salaries based on years of service also? It just ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:
You're right, it's $156.28 for a 12 year CA.

What that says is that unfortunately, the UAL guys really got screwed. I don't think $135 is enough for a 320 CA.

My 2 cents.

UAL guys did get screwed but to be more accurate, $135 dollars at UAL equals at least $156 at Frontier if you consider the B and C plan. A lot more if you dig deeper into benefits. $156 is good though. Good luck to you guys.

I like the Guild idea. But if you want to call it Communism - then let's really take the shackles off of our system. Comparing us to other professions isn't as simple as it sounds. Give me the ability to job hop & earn the salary my qualifications deem appropriate without starting over at the bottom & I'd be all over the Free Market bandwagon. Unfortunately for pilots we are not truly part of the free market labor pool. We are hamstrung by the senority system & cannot force management to pay us commensurate with our skills without the threat of finding a more attractive offer & making a lateral move.

Guild, Brand Scope, One list..... How to affect real change is the issue. It's a massive problem in need of inspired Leadership.

someone..... anyone..... Bueller. Bueller.

A national union just means that no one will ever be allowed to strike. Funny, kinda like now but on a HUGE scale. Look at the controllers back with Reagan. Once the government realizes that air travel is a strategic asset that must be maintained at all costs, pilots are screwed. Today's controllers had a contract imposed on them and we pilots would fare the same.

A national union just means that no one will ever be allowed to strike. Funny, kinda like now but on a HUGE scale. Look at the controllers back with Reagan. Once the government realizes that air travel is a strategic asset that must be maintained at all costs, pilots are screwed. Today's controllers had a contract imposed on them and we pilots would fare the same.

It's a Guild, not a union. Think American Medical Association, or the Bar Association. Really more of a gatekeeper than a union. Everyone presently flying would be grandfathered in, as long as they only flew for guild pay or above.

Also, it's a lot different trying to replace the 80,000 (?) pilots than the controllers. Military pilots couldn't even man one small airline, and without an airline pilot with them, they'd never get off of the Ramp (heh-heh! Just kidding!).

Latest resources

Back