Frontier almost pulls a "Sully"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, you are such a jealous douch bag.

Jealous? I don't need to run around and claim Sully as my hero to feel better about my career. In fact lips aren't you an eastie? I have found the easties hang their entire self worth on the image projected to the public. Always the "I'm an international widebody Captain!" bullsh1t. You guys need to get over yourselves. Grab the coat tails of ol' Chesley if it makes you feel better but I'll never believe he is any better than any other guy out there doing what we do.

Jealous? I don't need to run around and claim Sully as my hero to feel better about my career.

I think most people are glad he is taking the opportunity to use his unasked for fame and bully pulpit to highlight the awful state of the industry.

Trivialize flight 1549 if you want, but there are plenty of pilots who would have killed everyone on board, plus people on the ground.

I think most people are glad he is taking the opportunity to use his unasked for fame and bully pulpit to highlight the awful state of the industry.

To my knowledge he has highlighted the dismal state of this industry from a pilots perspective once. Once! Yes it was before congress but we all know that they listen to the people with the money and that ain't us. The rest of the time he has been "highlighting" his book... He's no hero. He is taking advantage of his newly found fame and running to the bank. Do I blame him? No. But that kinda behavior is far from from hero behavior in my book. Like I mentioned earlier, do you think the Frontier Capt will get a book deal? Will he get to be an honored guest at the next Superbowl? Or get to be the Grand Marshal in the Rose parade? He did the exact same thing! That's all I am saying.

Xan, why are you so jealous of Sully? Are you one of those lottry winners from AWA that can't stand to see how experienced the east pilots are compared to you?

Sully did a fantastic job- and so far I respect his voicing of the industry's problems.

FWIW- if noone has said it yet:

Nice job Frontier, handling the emergency. I know your pilots can fly and do the job as well as anyone.

Xan, why are you so jealous of Sully? Are you one of those lottry winners from AWA that can't stand to see how experienced the east pilots are compared to you?

Nic I'm not jealous. Just tired of the bullsh1t. You know it and I know it. His 15 minutes of fame is long past over. The only folks keeping it alive are ignorant passengers, media and easties who base their self worth on a title.

I am a westie. Does it burn you up to think I am gonna cash that "lottery ticket" as soon as possible? You could say I am taking advantage of the circumstances that were beyond my control to better my life just as Sully has. Nothing wrong with that right?

To my knowledge he has highlighted the dismal state of this industry from a pilots perspective once. Once! Yes it was before congress but we all know that they listen to the people with the money and that ain't us. The rest of the time he has been "highlighting" his book... He's no hero. He is taking advantage of his newly found fame and running to the bank. Do I blame him? No. But that kinda behavior is far from from hero behavior in my book. Like I mentioned earlier, do you think the Frontier Capt will get a book deal? Will he get to be an honored guest at the next Superbowl? Or get to be the Grand Marshal in the Rose parade? He did the exact same thing! That's all I am saying.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/14/watch-sully-on-ithe-daily_n_320570.html

There he is using an interview about his book to pose a rhetorical question about whether the public values the piloting profession enough to attract the best and brightest pilots in the future.

Matter of fact, he doesn't talk about the book much at all in that interview.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/14/watch-sully-on-ithe-daily_n_320570.html

There he is using an interview about his book to pose a rhetorical question about whether the public values the piloting profession enough to attract the best and brightest pilots in the future.

Matter of fact, he doesn't talk about the book much at all in that interview.

Okay I stand corrected. You were right he did use his limelight as you suggested. I applaud him for that. Maybe it's not so much Sully as an individual as much as it's a lack of understanding by the public and the coat tail grabbing opportunists that, as Sully suggests, many pilots are highly trained and talented. Frontier just proved my point. And Sully's for that matter. Honestly how many lives have been saved by pilots around the world and it failed to show up in books, magazines, TV shows etc? That's the rub...

Okay I stand corrected. You were right he did use his limelight as you suggested. I applaud him for that. Maybe it's not so much Sully as an individual as much as it's a lack of understanding by the public and the coat tail grabbing opportunists that, as Sully suggests, many pilots are highly trained and talented. Frontier just proved my point. And Sully's for that matter. Honestly how many lives have been saved by pilots around the world and it failed to show up in books, magazines, TV shows etc? That's the rub...

Every time I've seen him talk, he's highlighted the major hurdles and issues this industry faces. More power to him.

Latest resources

Back