• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines to Purchase 10 Bombardier Q400 Turboprops, add Regional Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and just for the record...Mesa's contract was terminated with F9 and not because Horizon was cheaper either...sometimes you have to pay a little more to get quality....as to this latest announcement...safe to say we (the rank and file) are still working through it to see how it all plays out.
c2s

ReverseSensing said:
Wait, wait, wait! You can MAKE MONEY DRINKING BEER? I'm giving my two weeks notice today.

I hope and pray QX management tells F9 to jump in front of a speeding bus, but I suspect they will at least try to use this as leverage in negotiations, at least for a little while, until they realize that pig ain't gonna fly.

Native Tails, Not Animal Tails.

Well said

Well, there goes half of Piedmont Airlines!!! All FO's will be leaving for Denver!!!!

Just a note on negotiations for the -Q400.
Management will claim it's a 74 seat aircraft, you'll agree on rates for that and the plane shows up with 78 seats.
Happened at Island Air and we had no provision for that.
Any way,
enjoy the plane

LearLove said:
Lets just hope that the Frontier Pilots are smart enough to say that even if the flying is to be done by a WO company start up all pilot are on ONE LIST as if these aircraft were placed at Frontier.

So what happens when a Frontier (mainline) newhire is on the list behind a senior Q-400 captain? Can that CA bid to mainline? If not there will be a mandatory flow through - at this causes headaches too. The current Frontier contract has alter ego protection so it's not like Frontier can have the Q-400 guys start to fly A320s.

ERJFO said:
So what happens when a Frontier (mainline) newhire is on the list behind a senior Q-400 captain? Can that CA bid to mainline? If not there will be a mandatory flow through - at this causes headaches too. The current Frontier contract has alter ego protection so it's not like Frontier can have the Q-400 guys start to fly A320s.

Since when do airlines announce RFP's in public? The announcement is a bit to vague and smells of something....stinky.
Does this mean a QX/F9 breakup is coming down the pipe? Management stink? I want my CD's back, you can keep the cat.

I wounder what a 70 seater would look like in Great Lakes colors? I bey Q would still stay in the 1900.

Hahahaaaaaaha. From what I know, Frontier asked Lakes to operate jets back when they got rid of Mesa and before they chose Horizon as their jet-express carrier. Voss turned it down. I expect them to ask Lakes again about the Q-400 and Voss will turn it down again.

Latest resources

Back