Frontier Airlines to Purchase 10 Bombardier Q400 Turboprops, add Regional Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southbound said:
Since when do airlines announce RFP's in public? The announcement is a bit to vague and smells of something....stinky.
Does this mean a QX/F9 breakup is coming down the pipe? Management stink? I want my CD's back, you can keep the cat.

You can almost imagine the feigned surprise at QX World HQ (on the shores of lovely Angle Lake):

Maggotment: *in best Scarlet O'Hara voice* "Oh, Rhett, where shall I go, what shall I do?"

Pilots (hopefully 50%+1): "Frankly, Scarlet, you can go play hide-and-go-*!%@-yourself in traffic." (I'm paraphrashing a little.)

ERJFO said:
So what happens when a Frontier (mainline) newhire is on the list behind a senior Q-400 captain? Can that CA bid to mainline? If not there will be a mandatory flow through - at this causes headaches too. The current Frontier contract has alter ego protection so it's not like Frontier can have the Q-400 guys start to fly A320s.

Yes just one pilot list. You bid whatever you want and your sen. can hold. That way they can't pit the WO against the mainline.

"The current Frontier contract has alter ego protection so it's not like Frontier can have the Q-400 guys start to fly A320s" - ask someone at U or DAL or others how well that scope type language has worked.

LearLove said:
"The current Frontier contract has alter ego protection so it's not like Frontier can have the Q-400 guys start to fly A320s" - ask someone at U or DAL or others how well that scope type language has worked.

It was working fine untill they voted it out!

Southbound said:
Does this mean a QX/F9 breakup is coming down the pipe?

I want my CD's back, you can keep the cat.

that's too funny.

Latest resources

Back