• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, Southwest can buy Spirit when they go on strike and since they're
non-ALPA, they could fly their routes.

Would they be considered Scabs?

SWAPA is not up against 1700 AAI pilots. It is up against 66,000+. Legislation passed as a result of the AMR/TWA debauchery will ensure AAI is protected even in an acquisition. SWAPA's bullying tactics ended with Frontier.

Not to worry because I understand Gary Kelly is more concerned with his employees than seeking a merger deal. Or is he?????

Last edited:
SWAPA is not up against 1700 AAI pilots. It is up against 66,000+. Legislation passed as a result of the AMR/TWA debauchery will ensure AAI is protected even in an acquisition. SWAPA's bullying tactics ended with Frontier.

Not to worry because I understand Gary Kelly is more concerned with his employees than seeking a merger deal. Or is he?????

How dare you rain on their orange,or is it canyon, cool-aid !

Well it's been a fun year wading through the SWA hubris on these boards - now it is the F9 pilot group's pleasure to pass the torch, have fun AirTran folks!

alpo? Yea right. I'd rather be represented by BCWIUA.

Bakery and Confectionery Workers' International Union of America.

If what you say is true then why were the F9 guys even offered a staple? "Fair and equitable" is an extordinarily broad term my friend.

SWA has many many pilots that quit places like Airtran to come here. Not so much the other way around.

I'm just sayin',
Gup

Hey, Southwest can buy Spirit when they go on strike and since they're
non-ALPA, they could fly their routes.

Would they be considered Scabs?

You don't think SWAPA is a Union? We don't want AirTran, fact.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back