• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier- Airline Apps Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm wading through the exhaustive application (are other industires this thorough on thier applications?) and I'm stuck at the Driving record section.

There's no timeframe. Do they want all 20 years of my driving record? All the way back to the ticket for the rolling stop when I was 17? Anybody know how to get a comprehensive driving record that spans multiple states? Between college and chasing this industry, I've been a licensed driver in no less than 7 states!

Do an NDR check.......that goes back for 7 years I think..or is that the bankruptcy time limit?!......lol

For those who have gone through the interview process, did you list every infraction on your application?

Does the NDR span the states? Will it show speeding tickets, etc? I've only had my latest driver license for a year with no violations... my last speeding ticket was 6 years and 2 states ago...

Find out how far back their backround check can go regarding driving records. I think the limit is 10 yrs for the national driving record that they can check but I am not sure.

ClearRight,

As painful as it sounds, I suggest you go to each state to obtain all information that exists on your record. You can do this over the internet with most states, for example Texas has this website for driving and criminal records: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/

As for the NDR record, it will only show information on "drivers whose licenses to operate a motor vehicle have been denied, revoked, cancelled or suspended, or who have been convicted of certain serious traffic violations (e.g., driving under the influence of alcohol). Unless you have had such action taken against your license, you would have no record in the NDR."

Having had many speeding tickets in the past I was worried about the same thing but as it turned out all those defensive driving classes paid off and provided a nearly spotless record. Do the check and save yourself on all the wondering.

S3sundowner

Bottom line.......be honest and be prepared to talk about them.

If it shows up on their background check airlines consider this lying and BAM no job......

hope that helps......and good luck on the interview when you get one. F9 is a top-notch employer.

Ditto Shrek...

I know it's going to be a gigantic pain, but then ask yourself how badly do you want this job....

Filling out my app, there was a 200 hr discrepancy between the totals it came up with vs my own. I went through every line of THREE logbooks to find the problem THREE TIMES... ouch!...but all said, I would have done it 10 more times if I had to...

Good Luck!!!

Toob
(F9 Noob)

Yow-za, thanks for the info and encouragement! I don't mind being honest and talking about them. I can count on one hand the tickets I've had over the last 20 years, I just wouldn't be able to recall the exact dates and places. None of it NDR worthy. I guess I'll have to pay for my driving record from each state...VA, TX, AL, AK, CA, WA, UT, CO.... this is going to get expensive! or maybe just from the states I remember getting tickets in...

Yeah, been sifting through the logbooks- I went electronic a couple years back and it's been tough trying to make the e-book and the paper match.

Does the NDR only go back 10 years or is it lifetime? I had 2 alcohol related "incidents" (No DUI's) 11 and 13 years ago and am wondering how to fill out future applications at the majors.
Also, on the medical, I have always written "as previously reported". Will the interviers look into or ask about that too? Thx

Shrek said:
Bottom line.......be honest and be prepared to talk about them.

If it shows up on their background check airlines consider this lying and BAM no job......

hope that helps......and good luck on the interview when you get one. F9 is a top-notch employer.

Shrek,

Good to see you on here my friend. I hope all is well with you.

Please list all you can remember "to the best of your ability" and you will be fine. The NDR check is irrelevant, because it will not reveal tickets. However, we do a complete background check which will reveal everything on your record. Be as complete and honest as possible.

Hope this clears it up for you. Take care.

F9Recruiter

Latest resources

Back