Frontier 10/24 Class Makeup

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If history holds true, about 90% from air willy and / or lakes

Not in my class. We had one guy from Whisky, one from Comair and another from Eagle, but past that it was a big furball.

F9 went back to relying on feeder pilots with lashes across their backs because they are more loyal to the company than the legacy furloughees. A lot of the legacy guys and gals are already taking a "wait and see" approach until the last minute before accepting their recall.

This error in hiring has been more evident over the past year and it's a safe bet you'll not see any furloughees hired in the future. For the most part, a few have made a terrible reputation for the rest, but I'm still amazed by the arrogance of the young legacy pilots who've quickly changed their tune from "I'm lucky to be here" to "I'm going back to XYZ because their overall compensation is better".

Of course, I don't discourage their exit plans because they generally $uck as aviators and have zero people skills.

F9 went back to relying on feeder pilots with lashes across their backs because they are more loyal to the company than the legacy furloughees. A lot of the legacy guys and gals are already taking a "wait and see" approach until the last minute before accepting their recall.

This error in hiring has been more evident over the past year and it's a safe bet you'll not see any furloughees hired in the future. For the most part, a few have made a terrible reputation for the rest, but I'm still amazed by the arrogance of the young legacy pilots who've quickly changed their tune from "I'm lucky to be here" to "I'm going back to XYZ because their overall compensation is better".

Of course, I don't discourage their exit plans because they generally $uck as aviators and have zero people skills.

Plus it moves me up the list that much faster...:D

A buddy of mine is in that class. I think he said 1 Comair, 1 military, 2 XJT, 1 Polar. Don't remember the rest, but they were all regional types except one or two. He is impressed with the company to this point. Best of luck.

For the most part, a few have made a terrible reputation for the rest, but I'm still amazed by the arrogance of the young legacy pilots who've quickly changed their tune from "I'm lucky to be here" to "I'm going back to XYZ because their overall compensation is better".

What has loyalty have anything to do with aviation, or promises for that matter? Managment changes their tunes plenty. Remember this? "Co will pay pilots in deferred benefits (reads retirement)" to " Sorry, we used your retirement money for expenses resulting from our inefficency and mismangment, and PBGC will take care of you from here on." Any given pilot is just another number to managment, unforunately, your loyalty doesn't show up on the balance sheet. Bottom line is, the company will do what it takes to survive, and the pilot needs to do whats best for him/her. As management loves to tell you that pensions are out dated, and that there is no garrentees. We gotta listen up, your loyalty doesnt garrentee sheeit either.

If you're loyal to the company you serve, you're loyal to the customer and yourself. It all comes down to professional commitment. If you show up for work with a "to heck with this company/industry" attitude, it will be reflected in performance.
I may not agree with everyone I work with or for, but the thought never crosses my mind when I put on my uniform. It's showtime and I love Putting On The Ritz while knocking out the challenges which confront us daily.

Latest resources

Back