From the Money Hungry, Dues Extorting Thugs at the IBT 1108

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

John MClain

Can't wait to see how Frank-n-Beans and his band of merry idiots put a spin on this. Kudos to the OneSky Executive Board for taking this on and making it happen.

Executive Board Waives Pre-Contract Dues Obligations

February 1, 2018Fellow OneSky Pilots;The IBT Local 1108 Executive Board (“Eboard”) is pleased to announce that we have unanimously voted to waive delinquent pre-contract dues owed under Bylaws Section 24(E)(3)for all pilots. We have further confirmed approval with the IBT in Washington, DC. This decision was reached after detailed discussions with the leadership of the Airline Division ,representatives of the Teamster General Executive Board. Most importantly, your Union representatives heard from pilots both pro and con on the issue of pre-contract dues obligations. After carefully considering the matter, we decided to make a change in the best interest of all members of our Local. We are confident that the decision to waive such dues will strengthen and unite our membership. We know that this decision might not sit well with some of you who have paid dues from the beginning, but we ask that you stand next to us in support of this decision so that we can move forward as a unified pilot group. Again, this was a decision taken to strengthen the Union. For those of you that previously paid such dues as described in the Local’s Bylaws, we cannot thank you enough. This Local would never be where it is today without your continued financial, moral and volunteer support. It will never be forgotten.

So what was waived?

Effective today:
1) All delinquent dues or service fees owing under Section 24(E)(3) of the Teamsters Local Union No. 1108 Bylaws are hereby waived for the Flight Options, Flexjet and TravelManagement Company newly organized pilot groups where such dues obligation arose prior to the effective date of the initial collective bargaining agreement for such group.The Local Union will not require payment of dues for the time period prior to the effective date of the initial collective bargaining agreement.

2) The initial collective bargaining agreement for Flight Options/Flexjet pilots is the Merged Collective Bargaining Agreement. For membership dues obligation purposes only, the effective date of said Merged Collective Bargaining Agreement is deemed to be February 1, 2018. Nothing contained herein shall give rise to a dues or service fee refund for duesor fees paid prior February 1, 2018.Affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Teamsters Local Union 1108. The leading union in private and business aircraft pilot representation IBT Local 1108 Executive Board.

What does this mean?

• For those of you who are delinquent in the payment of Bylaws Section 25(E)(3) pre contract dues, this dues obligation is waived. You will not ever have to pay these back dues.
• Flight Options/Flexjet pilots can now join the Union to become members in goodstanding and pay affordable monthly dues for Union representation effective February 1,2018 under the Flight Options/Flexjet MCBA. You will have full membership rights to vote on agreements, participate in the Union and run for office pursuant to the bylaws.
• All dues and service fees obligations required for pilots covered by the MCBA are immediately effective February 1, 2018.
• Delinquent dues for the few legacy Flight Options pilots that still owed back dues prior toApril 1, 2010 are waived.
• Travel Management Company pilots are no longer obligated to remit dues prior to the effective date of a collective bargaining agreement.

The playing field is now as level as your leadership could make it. Your leadership intends to create a referendum for member consideration to eliminate the Bylaw provisions requiring payment of dues prior to negotiating and ratifying an initial collective bargaining agreement. At that time, pilots in good standing will have the opportunity to voice whether they wish to amend the bylaws, making this change permanent. Now is the time to join the Union and become a member in good standing! We reach out to every Flight Options/Flexjet pilot and encourage you to join the Union now. The pre-contract dues delinquencies are waived; the slate is clean, and now is the time to get on board.

Please immediately take the necessary steps to prevent any further dues delinquencies at your Local.

• Fill out a Membership Application and Dues Checkoff Form TODAY! Dues Checkoff allows the deduction of your dues obligation automatically by the company. Please get the form to the Local Office as soon as possible so your February dues obligation is timely received from the company. The only alternate option is through direct payment to the Local and must be remitted by the end of each month to prevent your delinquency. Signing up for checkoff gives you a hassle-free way of paying your monthly dues and ensures that you will not be delinquent in the future and lose your rights.
• It’s a requirement, not an option from now on. Every pilot is obligated to pay Union dues or a service fee under the MCBA. It’s the pilots’ contract, the pilots’ Local and the responsibility of the members to fund the representational and administrative obligations in the interest of all pilots. Membership Application and Dues Checkoff Forms were previously mailed to the pilot group. However, if you do not have a membership/checkoff form, you may immediately request a form by emailing your name and mailing address to [email protected] or alternately contacting a member of your OneSky Master Executive Council.

3 Please remember the Steward on Duty (“SOD”) can be contacted to assist in representational needs and provide guidance with any of your concerns by calling 800-565-1108, ext. 1110.

Finally, management has indicated you may contact them with questions about your contract. We remind you that this is your contract with the Company. Your Union representatives are the stewards of your agreement. So, if you have questions or concerns about your contract, call your Union representatives.In Unity,Your IBT Local 1108 Executive Board

Phildo used to cry about this like a little b••ch on yammer. No more excuses Phildo!

Big sacrifice on the Union's side. There have been members that have paid even when it was not required just to make things better for ALL pilots. Now they give voting rights away and allow them to become MIGS without paying back dues? OK, I'm willing to let this go. If the non-MIGS choose not to sign up, I think a list should be published, exposing who they are, but then again, some people have nothing to offer except to bring others down.

I conquer 100% GC.

As of February 1 we are all on the same footing. No harm, no foul, the past is the past

However regarding the future, every month from now on leadership should post a list of pilots who are MIGS, service fee only and delinquent. It is important we should get the opportunity to thank fellow MIGS, show respect to Service Fee contributors and be wary of delinquents.

It would make sense to me delinquents would be the same people who secretly report all to the Cleveland Gestapo Force aka CGF. As a MIGS I'd like the opportunity to provide myself an extra layer of protection.

Then again, Phildo has always been a MIGS. Dirty little secret while he is offering his expository advice on avoiding dues he has always felt the need to be sure he's protected by the CBA as a full MIGS.

I wonder if the G5 captains he recently reported to the CGF were aware the were sitting next to a plain clothes spy while they spent the better part of an hour ripping on every member of management and what idiots they are. Or the 350 crew wearing non standard outerwear (in Idaho!) he felt discredited our fine uniform appearance. Or the growing list of Legacy captains he "feels" do not operate at a "professional pace" or error enough on the side of what's operationally "best". While I hope they can keep theirs on the runway, something tells me the good graces of Farquaad are growing cold to everyone but the innermost inner circle. The days of simply expecting a pass because of your IGM status are dwindling. The reckoning of the IGMs vs the true FoKs is happening at a FBO near you.

Point is: if you don't know who you can trust (and believe me you can't ever know) I'd take the IBT up on this latest offering and make sure you are relying on a strong union to have your back and not the Dollar General knee pads you can pick up on your way into Sullivan's office.

I conquer 100% GC.

As of February 1 we are all on the same footing. No harm, no foul, the past is the past

However regarding the future, every month from now on leadership should post a list of pilots who are MIGS, service fee only and delinquent.

I don't know if the Union can publish that list, but it has to be better than the list that someone claimed has been sent to the Majors. At least one pilot has claimed it cost them a job at Southwest.

I don't know if the Union can publish that list, but it has to be better than the list that someone claimed has been sent to the Majors. At least one pilot has claimed it cost them a job at Southwest.

All this talk of lists is counter productive. The whole point of starting over with dues is to end the division in this pilot group. Calling for lists to be made up and trying to bully people into paying is going to have the opposite effect. Plus the anti folks love to use this talk of lists as an example of how mean and vindictive the pro side is. So just let it go. Not helping.

All this talk of lists is counter productive. The whole point of starting over with dues is to end the division in this pilot group. Calling for lists to be made up and trying to bully people into paying is going to have the opposite effect. Plus the anti folks love to use this talk of lists as an example of how mean and vindictive the pro side is. So just let it go. Not helping.

Well said Club!

Problem is there isn’t anything the union could do to change the minds of the majority of the Flex Pilots. They are anti union. They hate the union. And they are not gonna change their minds they are out for themselves. IGMs. Frank N Beans is telling everyone they got enough cards for a Decert vote. Gonna be a bad day if that happens.

Well said Club!

Why? I'm not asking for a scab list or a "black" list. Never have and never will.

I'm asking for a positive list. A list of ally fellow MIGS so I know who supports a strong union and just exactly who I need to be wary of.

Regarding the fee payers well I think it's along the same line. I'll show my respect and gratitude but I'll know to be very careful.

The problem with all you union leaders is you get way too caught up in the unrighteous indignation of all of these Flexers who claim they want higher level discourse.

Bull****. That's just an excuse to remain a *****. Real men (and women) can have real discussions without claiming the need for delicacy and decorum. Have you spent a dinner with FW or RH? They've got mouths on them that would make Andrew Dice Clay take a breather.

As for them having the cards well let's just get on with it then. I've talked to many pilots who felt pressured to send it in or when they researched a little wish they'd never sent it in. All a decert vote will get us is MORE wasted time, MORE delays. But it will never succeed except to get us back to at will. Who wants to risk that?

The union just offered up on a silver platter everything Frank'n'Beans claim to want - they can run for office and take over the IBT right now by putting themselves up for a vote within the established system. But they will claim some bull**** why not. Because that's not the game Uncle wants them to play.

Latest resources

Back