• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From the Money Hungry, Dues Extorting Thugs at the IBT 1108

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not quite correct. To hold a leadership position you need 24 months of continuous MIGS. So if you’ve been paying since the beginning you are good, but if you just start now you can join committees but not run for leadership.

We would be nuts to vote the Union out at this point. Back to the at will days with all the intimidation ; no thanks!!
In his Friday speech RH conviently fails to mention the good stuff. What a douche !

Not quite correct. To hold a leadership position you need 24 months of continuous MIGS. So if you’ve been paying since the beginning you are good, but if you just start now you can join committees but not run for leadership.

Well then Phildo can run. What's stopping him now?

Rumor has it this is true for a few other "stars" of the decert team who advise us to remain unprotected while they secretly make sure both sides are covered. Not unlike a certain union "leader" who's been covering his bases too to make sure if the IBT loses he won't be up for public lynching.

Anyway, maybe if the decert crew ever gets around to providing a transparent list of their organizing committee, the union can do us a solid and just let us know which of them are eligible and we can encourage them to step up to the plate. Right?

After all, they'd just be getting a head start on providing what they're promising. Right?

Funny. Actually what have they promised? Other than more delays and division that is...

Seriously what have they promised?

Well then Phildo can run. What's stopping him now?

Rumor has it this is true for a few other "stars" of the decert team who advise us to remain unprotected while they secretly make sure both sides are covered. Not unlike a certain union "leader" who's been covering his bases too to make sure if the IBT loses he won't be up for public lynching.

Anyway, maybe if the decert crew ever gets around to providing a transparent list of their organizing committee, the union can do us a solid and just let us know which of them are eligible and we can encourage them to step up to the plate. Right?

After all, they'd just be getting a head start on providing what they're promising. Right?

Funny. Actually what have they promised? Other than more delays and division that is...

Seriously what have they promised?

You're echoing nearly word for word what Gulf guy is proposing to to Frankie and the boys in the lounge. Frankie is no doubt crafting a his response. It'll be something along the lines that "he'll never be a teamster," "we can do it better on our own," etc.

Yeah. A buddy went through this with an ex.

First it was he wasn't home enough.

Then it was he wasn't happy when he was home

Blah blah blah a few more ever changing complaints where she swore it was this problem or that problem - all his fault of course.

But in the end it turned out she just REALLY liked screwing other guys.

Now that I think about it, wow. My analogy really is a lot like Frank'n'Beans.

All this talk of lists is counter productive. The whole point of starting over with dues is to end the division in this pilot group. Calling for lists to be made up and trying to bully people into paying is going to have the opposite effect. Plus the anti folks love to use this talk of lists as an example of how mean and vindictive the pro side is. So just let it go. Not helping.
Club, please actually read what I said, as opposed to responding with a canned knee- jerk reaction. First off, I never saw this "list" and I actually don't know if it even exists. The "list" may exist, but I didn't make it up. Next, blaming the "list" for not getting hired somewhere, is an attempt at deflection and nothing more than blaming "The Union". Rhetoric that actually has little merit. It's time to move on for the betterment of ALL the pilots.

Ok so the question is do I want to work for this Company as an at will employee? Where the company can and has made unilateral changes to working conditions and pay without any consideration for its employees and there quality of life, just like they recently did to the Flexjet flight attendants schedules. Just ask them, because that is what at will looks like. Or would I rather work for a company with a legally enforceable contract in place and a strong Union willing to make certain all Pilots quality of life and compensation stay in tact and not changed ad-hoc? Union dues is kind of like insurance, most states require Liability but me personally, I pay for collision also to protect what I have, I will spend the very small amount of money on Union dues to protect what we have, I can see if this Union were ever to go away we would be just like the Flexjet flight attendants and forced onto whatever schedule Managment deems necessary to save a few pennies.

What about termination for just cause? The big thing they don't see, is the situation where the company needs to trim payroll. Who are they going to terminate? The guy making 300k or the guy making 100k? The 100k guy would be willing to jump in your seat for a few $ more. Nicely played by 2N. The irony of it all is, the guys working to get rid of their protection, are the ones that benefit most from having an enforceable contract.

Latest resources

Back