Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From RJ pilot point of view, what is most desirable base to fly out of?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skymeg said:
That is the answer I was hoping for. I'm originally from Seattle and can't imagine a better place to live than the Northwest. Just wonderd if there was anything comparable for outdoor activities in the U.S. somewhere. Guess probably not. The good old Pacific Northwest wins again!

Good luck getting hired out there. I've been trying to get home for quite awhile, but the job opportunities just don't exist.

NuGuy said:
Beaches? You $hitting me? Orlando is in the middle of a frakking swamp 2 hours (maybe 4 with the horrific I-4 traffic) from any non-manmade beach.

Speaking as a native Floridian, Orlando could dissapear into a great big sinkhole, and the state's average IQ would jump 100 points.

Here's an idea, let's move to a huge town in the middle of a swamp in the hottest, buggiest, most humid envrioment this side of the Amazon. But hey, at least to can make ends meet wearing a mouse costume on your days off from the RJ.

Nu
Maybe he meant...Da beetches!

For a strictly work stand point I would have to say is the easiest airport to get in and out of is DIA.

NuGuy said:
Beaches? You $hitting me? Orlando is in the middle of a frakking swamp 2 hours (maybe 4 with the horrific I-4 traffic) from any non-manmade beach.
Nu

Well, you pretty much summed up why I don't particularly LIVE in Orlando...just work there. I stay off I-4 at every opportunity and am 40 minutes from the beach on a nice meadering 2-lane country road. I live far enough and out of the way enough to not have to deal with the tourons as well.

I have my Disney season pass mainly to see the "Flower Power" (60's bands) concerts in the spring and fall, other than that, the Mouse is off limits. I get my coater fix in STL at Six Flags.

I can't believe how much Central Florida is growing. I heard there's quite an exodus off Long Island and other NE locales to FL because of the tax situation.

Cheers!

NuGuy said:

Speaking as a native Floridian, Orlando could dissapear into a great big sinkhole, and the state's average IQ would jump 100 points.

Here's an idea, let's move to a huge town in the middle of a swamp in the hottest, buggiest, most humid envrioment this side of the Amazon. But hey, at least to can make ends meet wearing a mouse costume on your days off from the RJ.

Nu

I live in MCO and can get to Cape Canaveral Beach in 45 min. Love it here.

The best base is one where:

The housing is cheap
The taxes are cheap
Car and home owners insurance are cheap
Beer is cheap
Gas is cheap
Utlilities are cheap
Groceries are cheap
The airport parking is cheap
The girls are cheap (and easy).

Best Base

I started out in Dallas, I ended up really loving Dallas!! Moved to Atlanta, other than meeting my wife and some unbelievable friends, that place blows. The South sucks IMHO. West Coast and South do not mix. However, I'm based out of Salt Lake City now and I can say, personally, this is by far the best place I have ever lived. No, I'm not a morman. However, I do love the outdoors and Utah is the place to be if you like the outdoors.

Trojan

Grew up on the west coast and now living in my 2nd southern state. No desire to move west again.

Latest resources

Back