From Netjets to CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

A lot of Netjets pilots justifiably upset about the ridiculous TA. In the event that there is an exodus from Netjets, do you think CS would be a much better place to be? Some positives about CS:

1. Better gateway system for newhires going forward
2. Automatic 8/7 or 7/7 vs. 17 day mixed schedule at NJA (until you have seniority to bid 7/7) - although I think TA offers 7/7 for all (not sure?)
3. 50+ Sovereigns on the way (uncertain # Sovereigns for NJA)
4. Perceptably better management-pilot relations at CS
5. Many people claim better pay - especially for new Captains

Some potential negatives for some people: clearly CS does not have the mix of different aircraft types (due to Cessna relationship) or the potential international travel that NJA has to offer (probably important for some pilot candidates). CS upgrading appears to be merit based - that may be difficult for some pilots who expect to upgrade in the normal seniority fashion...

Overall, CS seems to be a pretty good deal. It may not be a perfect place, but at least management-pilot relations appear to be pretty good and the gateway system will offer more flexibility going forward for newhires. So, if you like the fractional lifestyle and you want to fly new aircraft, CS appears to be a pretty good choice - and I am sure a lot of NJA pilots might be taking a second look soon...

Personally, I'd love to fly one of those CJ1s - seems like a fun airplane to fly (I prefer the shorter hops now - nice glass cockpit too).

Last edited:
Heavy Set,

Have you found work yet? Are you in SoCal?

Outlook??????????????

Sorry about my ignorance, but who is CS?

And also; For NJ:
What is the upgrade time now?
What's the Sen. # of least senior Capt?
What does the vacancy award look like for upgrade?
What is the lest senior FO #?
Is there more planes on order?

Thanks,

I need help to make a decision.

CS=Citationshares

What does TA stand for? Nevermind -- just saw it on the other post.

Last edited:
Listen to him...stay away.

One of the basic tenets of job security is SENIORITY. The more pilots BELOW you, the better off you are (generally) in case of furloughs, layoffs etc... For a pilot at ANY airline to say, "stay away," should be an indication of how bad things might be there. Good luck to you either way.

Other Netjet people out there looking at CS too? Is it a case where a Netjets pilot would want to stay in the fractional business because he/she likes the fractional business or would most be looking at getting into part 121 flying? I have heard great things about CS (and its management/pilot relations) and there could be some growth opportunities with the big Sovereign and CJ3 orders....

Anyone know when the Sovereign will arrive on the CS property? Nice airplane...

Latest resources

Back