From Cargo Direct to the Majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
roughneck said:
Melissa is a sh!t hot pilot and she got hired because of that. Had nothing to do with being a girl.
not to say Melissa isnt a hot $hit pilot but she is a girl....and that doesn't hurt these days, I know of male airnet captains who interviewed at the same time and did not get hired with alot more experience than her.......so who says it doesnt make a differnece..........because it does.....tell me im wrong??? because im not.....

Last edited:
starcheck1 said:
not to say Melissa isnt a hot $hit pilot but she is a girl....and that doesn't hurt these days, I know of male airnet captains who interviewed at the same time and did not get hired with alot more experience than her.......so who says it doesnt make a differnece..........because it does.....tell me im wrong??? because im not.....
you are right on the money. I can't even begin to count how many females that I have come in contact with who had lackluster flying skills at best who got the nod strictly due to their gender. Sad but very true...

JB has a few of em as well as most others.

3 5 0

350DRIVER said:
you are right on the money. I can't even begin to count how many females that I have come in contact with who had lackluster flying skills at best who got the nod strictly due to their gender. Sad but very true...

3 5 0
And I can't even begin to count how many males that I have come in contact with who had lackluster flying skills at best who got the nod strictly due to someone they knew at the airline. Sad but very true...

I've been a jumpseater on Melissa's Lear when she was having a line check and I can tell you that she is not just a girl who slipped through with lackluster flying ability. She's a dammed good pilot and deserves the opportunities that await her at Southwest.

The two guys who didn't get hired, didn't get hired because they blew their interviews. Plain and simple. I don't know the guys, probably awesome guys who could teach Chuck Yeager a thing or two about flying airplanes, but the bottom line is they blew their interviews thus leading to their not being hired. (I bet if you asked those guys about their interviews, if they were being honest, they probably knew they weren't going to get hired that day)

I don't care if a candidate is a cross dressing she-male. If it has a couple of thousand hours of lear P.I.C. time I bet SHE/HE can fly the paint off of just about any airplane.

Last edited:
starcheck1 said:
key word in that quote was "GIRL"...and yeah i do know her ...she got a 737 type scholarship from the 99's as far as i know..nice girl though
Wrong... key words are "turbine PIC" "degree" "check airman" and most importantly "solid interview". There have been family members getting turned down recently. Believe me, who you know or how your plumming works has nothing to do with getting hired at Southwest.

If the other Airnet guys didnt get hired its because they blew their interview in one way or another. I wish them better luck next time. Many people interview three or more times before they get in.

Latest resources

Back