From Cargo Direct to the Majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cookmg

I'm curious as to how likely it may be to get a job with a major or national without multi-crew, 121, turbine PIC time? Are pilots with single pilot, 135, over 12,500 lbs, turbine PIC often considered by the biggest airlines? What if they had a solid internal reference? It seems that the majors would want guys with the experience most similar to their operations. However, it's hard to argue that the cargo pilot would not have many great skills to offer as well.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Many have gone to AWA, ATA, SWA, etc, in recent times with no prior 121 experience. I believe AirTran is looking at changing the policy requiring applicants to have X amount of 121 PIC hours to be hired or interviewed there.

3 5 0

G'day,

I know more than a dozen guys and gals who have come directly from Ameriflight to SWA, Alaska, AAL, UAL, UPS, FDX, DAL, AirTran, NWA and ATA. Without a doubt, 1,000 hours turbine PIC in airplanes exceeding 12,500 pounds MGTOW is the ticket.

TransMach

I met a girl in MDW last week who was just hired by southwest.

Any of you guys who have been at airnet for a while probally know her, she used to be a check airman.

If I recall right she had been at airnet for 4 years, had a few thousand hours of lear PIC time.

So it is possible...

zuka said:
I met a girl in MDW last week who was just hired by southwest.

Any of you guys who have been at airnet for a while probally know her, she used to be a check airman.

If I recall right she had been at airnet for 4 years, had a few thousand hours of lear PIC time.

So it is possible...
key word in that quote was "GIRL"...and yeah i do know her ...she got a 737 type scholarship from the 99's as far as i know..nice girl though

Last edited:
starcheck1 said:
key word in that quote was "GIRL"...and yeah i do know her ...she got a 737 type scholarship from the 99's as far as i know..nice girl though
Kathy Gatto?

Latest resources

Back