From all appearances, one of the Great Ones at luv resigning today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waveflyer

Looks like AT won't have the pleasure after all.
Post your best torti story for those who only had a glimpse...

For me it was his don't try to improve the wheel lines:

"Only two ways to mess this up, get more than one spouse and thinking you've found 'a great deal!!' to put your money in. Having one wife speaks for itself and ... Do your best--- but a 'great deal!'?? Believe me, if it's a 'great deal!!' you'd never hear about it..."

"we're going to pay you in excess of $5Million to do one thing- be an expert on this FOM. As FOs, don't be a well paid passenger- nothing irks us more to see an FO come in less prepared for their 3rd and 5th year PCs than they were for their 1st"

"be the employee and person after 30 years that you were on the day you interviewed."

"overtip, when representing Southwest"

-all paraphrased, of course- and missing a few expletives-
But pretty good advice,

Wow. Didn't see that one coming..

What an entertaining guy. Very passionate about making things better. Very animated! I'm glad I got to meet him more than once.

RF

Bob ****ing Torti. I'm ****ing going to miss that mother ****er. No, I ****ing mean it. Great ****ing guy who loved his boys.

I don't know who we're ****ing going to get but they'll have big ****ing shoes to fill.

Gup

My friend told me this was probably going to happen. He thinks he might have a shot at his position. I really hope he does. You guys will have to just trust me when I say that he was top notch in the AF and he will do great things in Dallas.

That's a shame, I've heard so many stories about the guy (and seen the cartoons on YouTube), I was looking forward to meeting the guy. Any word as to why he is leaving? I would think that his expertise would be needed now more than ever.

No using people's actual names, you know better.

/mod

Actually I was looking forward to being in class with him, reminds me of the old-school days of aviation, before all the politically-correct b.s. :beer:

Latest resources

Back