Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From Airline to Frax - How's Transition?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a good discussion, I think my buddy made the mistake of only talking with friends at Flight Options who left Regionals that were not on par with Willy such as Trans States (no insult intended). Obviously, it is a different kind of operation and it has been his experience, so far, that checklist disipline is lacking- any comments? Fly safe, Wil

what's a checklist?

Hi!

I think a lot of this depends on where you're coming from. AWAC is awesome, and I think it would be similar to coming from AA, DAL, etc. TSA is definately a "lower" regional (I worked there, and while I enjoyed it, I had no illusions that I would be staying there because it was so great.).

On a similar note: where you're coming from-about SOPs, checklists, etc.

My airline is like a highly standardized 135 operation. If you ask guys who came in from 91/135, they say it's very highly standardized, and most everyone flies the same. If you ask ex-mil (or airline) guys, they say there is very little standardization.

It all depends on what you're used to.

I wouldn't reccomend going from AWAC to a frac, unless you had specific reasons for doing so. Obviously, if you're furloughed, all bets are off!

Cliff
GRB

PS-My airline is planning on allowing us to choose the numbers of days off per month you get, starting next year. The more days off, the less you get paid. I would KILL for a 7/7 or 8/6 schedule!!!

It's hard when you have to be away from home more than two weeks in a row.

Latest resources

Back