Friday Thread - Your Favorite Aviation Picture

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Total Time
Enough
You know, I realize it isn't Friday (yet) but... Was just wondering if you guys have any good pictures of aviation themes that tug your heartstrings a little?

Here's one of my two-year old daughter. I call it, "The Future of Naval Aviation".

http://jaddams.csw.uic.edu/aod/images/Charlie/June%202005%20-%20Kingsville%20-%20Charlie.jpg

I take hundreds of photos each month. Finding one like this is a real gem. Wish I could do this more often.

She sure loved those T-45s.

750driver

Total Time
LegacyDriver said:
You know, I realize it isn't Friday (yet) but... Was just wondering if you guys have any good pictures of aviation themes that tug your heartstrings a little?

Here's one of my two-year old daughter. I call it, "The Future of Naval Aviation".

http://jaddams.csw.uic.edu/aod/images/Charlie/June%202005%20-%20Kingsville%20-%20Charlie.jpg

I take hundreds of photos each month. Finding one like this is a real gem. Wish I could do this more often.

She sure loved those T-45s.
That's a great photo ... 750D

mzaharis

Total Time

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
He was coming out on the bottom of a loop without sufficient altitude and ejected .8/secs before impact.

It was at Mountain Home AFB, ID.

I have two video clips of the accident. One taken from the ground and one from the onboard camera. I will try and get up a link. (I see the next post has links to the videos.)

Last edited:

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Total Time
Enough
Yeah that was an awesome video. You can see him honking on that stick for all he's worth then saying, "Uh oh!" BLAMMO!!!

Last edited:

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
It was not a loop, it was a Split-S.

LegacyDriver

Moving Target
Total Time
Enough
They article says he is working in the Pentagon now. I wonder if his career is ruined.

flyinlow67

Total Time
Probably doesn't help it to crash a multi-million dollar piece of govt equipment in front of thousands of people.
Glad he was alright though.