• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FRG or HPN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That russian chick still working at Jet in teb?

What's your bosses reason for not going to teb? He want to take the scenic tour of NYC on the Belt?

Another thing to think of is that if you are going to be tight on fuel departing out of nyc flying into FRG or HPN might be a problem. They will keep you low all the way COL before they let you climb. Sucking fuel.

Ah, the LIE and the Belt. Such memories... :puke: TC

Diesel said:
That russian chick still working at Jet in teb?

You mean the blond one who stood at attention when she spoke to you - chest out, shoulders back? Yeah, sorta...she's a flight attendant for them now.

GV

Groundpounder said:
We are going to NYC in May, and the boss does not want to go to TEB, so we were going to HPN. But, I heard that FRG is just as close to the city, and according to fltplan.com, its a 15 min shorter flight. I also know a bunch of people there that can get me a big discount on fuel.

So, is FRG close to NYC? I don't want to go there if its a much longer trip for the pax just to save a few dollars.

Congrats on the new job, you always did well pumping fuel for me and pounding the ground.

I was based at FRG for a while and now I am out of HPN.

FRG is great if you are trying to get to the East side of town anytime other then 7am-10am. Conversely if your boss is trying to leave the city between 3pm and 7-pm it will take him HOURS to get to FRG. The traffic into the city on the LIE is deadly. The Belt is a waste of time so airport other then FRG will get you to/from the financial district quicker.

HPN is faster to the city then FRG, not by much (10-15) but it is. The problem with HPN is you need to get through the Bronx and upper Manhattan. Since I am based at HPN, I am kind of partial to it, so go some place else (we don't need the additional traffic). The big players at HPN all have helicopters to get into the city so traffic is not an issue for them.

TEB is the quickest to NYC and Jet Aviation has a great facility but most folks realize that and hence the reason why TEB is so crowded. If you catch it at a bad time, a Grey Hound from San Diego is faster to NYC. Stay away from TEB on Sunday's From Sept-Dec. 80,000 Jets and Giants fans will appreciate one less car.

HPN is preferred to TEB by certain flight departments because it's close proximity to the gold coast of Connecticut. It's only 15 minutes to Greenwich, CT.

The other pilot hates TEB so we don't go there. Don't ask.......I'm just the switch bitch. Don't bust my chops about using times from fltplan, how else can I estimate times?

I'm finding out where the pax are going in the city, and we make a decision from there.

Groundpounder said:
The other pilot hates TEB so we don't go there. Don't ask.......I'm just the switch bitch. Don't bust my chops about using times from fltplan, how else can I estimate times?

I'm finding out where the pax are going in the city, and we make a decision from there.
So the other guy hates TEB??? Well so does just about everyone else!!! Tell him to suck it up and do whats right for the boss. Just because he doesn't like it doesn't mean its not the best choice for the trip. And no I'm not based there, I'm at HPN/OXC. If you really want to piss off the other guy recommend LGA to the pax and see his head spin like Linda Blair's.
Aint it fun being someone's BIATCH?!!!!!!!!!!:smash:

Who really cares if the other guy likes it or hates it. His primary care should be where can we go safely and what can we do to make sure the owner is happy.

Is the owner going to be happy on a 45 minute car ride on the belt because the pilot doesn't like the VOR A or that the NY controllers yell at him. Welcome to New England.

Sounds like the pilot doesn't quiet understand where his bread is buttered.

Like I said I'm just the biatch. I don't want this to turn ugly, I enjoy flying with this guy but he has some quirks. Whatever, I guess we are going to HPN anyway. Thanks for the info, all.

Groundpounder said:
Like I said I'm just the biatch. I don't want this to turn ugly, I enjoy flying with this guy but he has some quirks. Whatever, I guess we are going to HPN anyway. Thanks for the info, all.

Ask him what his response will be when the boss compares commute times with other people who go to TEB and asks him "Why the F dont we go there"

ummm..

"I dont like it".

yeah, thats the answer!

:eek:

you may consider yourself the "switch bitch" but he's jerking with your paycheck here too.

good luck!

Latest resources

Back