Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fresh, forward thinking idea on pilot retirements...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People I know that retired from Union Pacific Rail Road never paid social security in their lives. It all went to the Railroad Retirement Board. The Board is a fully funded pension. I don't want to type all the details but it is an excellent program.

I always wondered why a system like this was never available to airline pilots.

ok, so they do this and in a few years Obama will be firing the CEO and taking control. Isn't that pretty much what happen to the Automakers?

ok, so they do this and in a few years Obama will be firing the CEO and taking control. Isn't that pretty much what happen to the Automakers?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Anyway...this is probably the most important and relevant post I have ever read on this or any other site. Thank you for sharing....I'm in.
This needs the attention of every airline pilot (union or not) group out there.

GM ran itself into the ground. Unions or not. And as far as the CEO getting fired, wah to him a 23mil pension. When the UNION workers get laid off see how much of a pension they get.

If you don't want gubment money, then do whatever you want. If you come whining to the Fed for tax dollars, then maybe yeah the guy who presided over the last 10 years as the company nose-dove should probably go.

Wow!! He will have to fire a few more to catch up to President Bush. President Bush fired the CEO's of Fanny Mae, Freddie Mac and AIG.

But I don't know what this has to do with the RRB.

Here is a concept fund your own pension through ALPA. Give ALPA of which the officials of you elect the right to collect, manage, and disperse your retirement.

Seems to work for the Teamsters. Me personally though I will stick with my 401K and take my chances.

Just remember in all things you are a victim not an active participant in your own destiny.

A friend of the family is a senior VP at Alaska Airlines and he told me he wanted to eliminate the RLA. He said it ties everyones hands in regards to negotiations. It made me think that if he was arguing against it then I should do the opposite. Somehow, I don't see how eliminating the RLA could be beneficial for both groups. If he(management) was arguing to eliminate it then it seems like pilots would not share the same sentiment.

I will caveat this with I don't know sh!t about the RLA.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back