Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
Im trying to get a job flying jumpers in the Tampa area and contacted skydive city out of zephyrhills and they said they lease their airplanes from Freefall Express out of NY and the jump pilots are hired through them as well....I've tried to search for freefall express but all i get is a skydiving outfit in missouri, anyone with a contact or a little more info would be greatly appreciated.

Almerick07 said:
Im trying to get a job flying jumpers in the Tampa area and contacted skydive city out of zephyrhills and they said they lease their airplanes from Freefall Express out of NY and the jump pilots are hired through them as well....I've tried to search for freefall express but all i get is a skydiving outfit in missouri, anyone with a contact or a little more info would be greatly appreciated.

I think it is owned by the owner of "skydive the ranch" in NY. Look them up on dropzone.com The owner has about 6-8 twin otters and some singles all around the country.

Almerick07 said:
You need to contact Billy Richards, the owner of Freefall Express (Gardiner, NY), the Ranch Skydiving Club ( www.skydivetheranch.com ), and part owner of Z-Hills. Good luck getting his attention, he is hardly ever at Z-Hills and he is a complete ahole to work for. He is Bipolar and thinks his pilots need to suck his thingy. On the plus side, his airplanes, although very bare, are maintained very well. He doesn't pay very well, and he will probably will not hire any new pilots right now until Fall, since the majority of his airplanes go north soon...to the Ranch. The Ranch is a very small field, and his pilots usually fly at Z-Hills first. I think the Ranch is about 2300 feet by 15, with power lines at the end of the runway, which has a huge slope in the middle. Beta is not allowed to keep his neighbors happy. I know many people over the last 12 years who have worked for him. Unless you have multiple DUIs, go somewhere else.

Freefall Express has 4 otters and a porter (which I believe doesn't really fly anymore). 3 otters are either in Florida or NY, depending on the season. Of course, the mins for turbine a/c are 1000 tt, but I think he looks for more.

Good luck!

Edit: Ranch Address (same as Freefall Express but different tel)

Skydive The Ranch
PO BOX 121
45 Sandhill Road
Gardiner, NY 12525
Tel:(845)255-4033
E-mail:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Steve said:
I think it is owned by the owner of "skydive the ranch" in NY. Look them up on dropzone.com The owner has about 6-8 twin otters and some singles all around the country.

He has 4 Otters and a Porter, the 182 never flies. Planes are either in NY (near Newburgh or Z-Hills Florida).

I think I've up jumped out of his skyvan at skydive atlanta one time.

PA-44Typed said:
I think I've up jumped out of his skyvan at skydive atlanta one time.
Nope, that was probably the crosskeys skyvan, Billy only owns otters and a porter.

Ya, it was crosskeys. I looked at some pics that I shot that weekend, i think all the crosskeys planes have the red/white paint.

PA-44Typed said:
Ya, it was crosskeys. I looked at some pics that I shot that weekend, i think all the crosskeys planes have the red/white paint.

Skydive Arizona planes in Eloy are similar in look. Are you a jumper or did you do a tandem?

Jumper(38 freefalls), and former jumper dumper.

Latest resources

Back