• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedumb Air, Just don't do it!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The contract carriers are not the blame and are not "stealing" your flying, scope (right or wrong) is causing management to circumnavigate your and APA's contracts. That is where your energy should be placed.

Which is my what I've been saying all along. JO and Freedom are to blame for Mesa's situation, not the pilots who may or may not go fly for freedom. In a sense, they enable JO to cheat Mesa. But it really isn't any different than other situations in the industry. I was using the AMR/TSA/CHQ situation to demonstrate that we shouldn't be calling pilots who choose to work for Freedom all kinds of names.

What about an MAPD grad who gets offered a job at Freedom and not Mesa? Is he supposed to write off all the time, money and effort he spent and hit the street to protect someone else's job? I don't expect this of TSA and CHQ, so why do Mesa pilots expect that they can assign near-scab status to anyone who goes to work at Freedom?

FB

"What about an MAPD grad who gets offered a job at Freedom and not Mesa? Is he supposed to write off all the time, money and effort he spent and hit the street to protect someone else's job? I don't expect this of TSA and CHQ, so why do Mesa pilots expect that they can assign near-scab status to anyone who goes to work at Freedom"

I guess we are on the same sheet of music! You are correct. Hope you get back to work soon, but something tells me, Eagle is going to be a while. Matter of fact, everyone is going to be a while. Just remember, if you dont like what is going on in the industry today, just wait a minute, things will change!

Is it a possibility that some Carriers might outsource from other countries for lower wages. Is it really getting this bad?

Cabotage

captdorn81 said:
Is it a possibility that some Carriers might outsource from other countries for lower wages. Is it really getting this bad?
Foreign carriers, in and of themselves, generally cannot fly point-to-point U.S. domestic flights. Such practice is called cabotage. However, from review of this DOT page, cabotage apparently is allowed under certain circumstances. I don't know of any instances; maybe others might know of some. Under the scenario you described, though, it seems hard to imagine that the government would authorized foreign carrier cabotage.

Now, if carriers start leasing foreign crews to fly their U.S. aircraft because they work cheap, that would be a horse of a different color.

Last edited:
Just say NO! Freedom Air isn't a good deal and whats more is they guys hiring you in the future at a Major may or may not agree with me on this but, taking the job at Freedom may come back to bite you in the end. I know there is a lot of tension still around the industry with scabs from the Wien strike in the 70's. Some guys still refuse to fly with former Wien scabs and crossing anybody in this industry is bad for everyone.

bobbysamd said:
Foreign carriers, in and of themselves, generally cannot fly point-to-point U.S. domestic flights. Such practice is called cabotage. However, from review of this DOT page, cabotage apparently is allowed under certain circumstances. I don't know of any instances; maybe others might know of some. Under the scenario you described, though, it seems hard to imagine that the government would authorized foreign carrier cabotage.

Now, if carriers start leasing foreign crews to fly their U.S. aircraft because they work cheap, that would be a horse of a different color.
Now that you mentioned it I believe Falcon Air out of Miami did that with their Aeropostal contract. Can someone with knowledge elaborate?

Latest resources

Back